CHAPTER 33

"I am so glad you got back with Apollo

"I am so glad you got back with Apollo." Sandra  said with a smile, placing her hand on hers. She felt happy her friend was following her heart once again, no longer detected by her love for Belen. It was not like she did not fancy Belen. She very much like him but lately she had been doubting him.

It somehow put her off how he had tried to dissuade y/n from reuniting with Apollo despite her wish to.

More so, she find it particularly strange how suddenly y/n fell so deeply in love with him to the point she was ready to lose her ground to not upset him. Sandra had thought she was in love with the sun god and not Belen as she had always claimed him to be just a good acquaintance. A close friend.

"I am too." Y/n replied but her e/c hues showed a hint of worry. She had still kept her fiancé in the dark. She just could not bring herself to tell him.

"What's wrong, y/n?" Her friend asked, noticing the look of concern in her eyes.

Her eyes casted down. "I just can't seem to bring myself to tell Belen that I have forgiven Apollo."

The sandy eyed woman brows furrowed. She had never seen her comrade completely happy since she was suddenly engaged to the said man. "Y/n, doesn't he love you?"

Y/n stared up at her. "Why do you ask that, Sandra?"

"I don't mean to come in between both of you, y/n. But it's like you seem to be always worried or stressed ever since you have been engaged with him. I don't mean to say he is a bad person or he doesn't love you." She paused to observe her friend countenance, before proceeding with her words. "But don't you think if he truly loves you, he will understand you."

"Look, I know you love and care about him a lot. However, that doesn't mean you have to abide by his every wish to keep him happy. It's not your responsibility to keep him happy, y/n. If he can't be happy with just being by your side like you do, is it even fair? Love can't be just one way. You can't always be the one to sacrifice."

Y/n remained silent.

She knew deep down what Sandra was saying was true. But love can really render someone blind and deaf. Even when Belen was restricting her freedom, she turned a blind eye to it and gladly accepted it. She was somehow throwing her own individuality away just to keep him happy.

"You should think over it once, y/n. If this love is really worth it?"

..................

"Where have you been?" Hermes asked y/n as she stepped inside her abode.

She looked up, a bit taken aback. "Belen!?"

"Did i surprise you? I came in to prepare a special dinner for you." He said. "I know you have been quite worn out these days."

"I see." She replied, forcing a smile. "Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure, love." He pulled out a chair for her. "Have a seat. I will set the table."

She nodded her head and sat down. Her bag still clench in her hand which she placed on her lap as she sat down. She had been thinking about what Sandra had told her as she had walked home in complete silence.

"So where have you been? You didn't answer my question, love." He inquired again as he placed the dishes on the table, bringing her out of her train of thoughts.

"Uh yeah... I went to meet Sandra. Her wedding is approaching so we needed to discuss over some stuff as I am going to be her bridesmaid." It was not a lie, she indeed did went for that purpose.

Hermes smile widened at the thought of their very marriage. The date was not decided yet. But he wished for it to be as soon as possible. "Well... that reminds me of our marriage." He voiced out. "Should we fixed the date for the next month?"

"The next month?" Y/n repeated, looking up from her plate. "Isn't that too early—" she stopped upon noticing the frown on his visage. "I mean... Sandra's wedding is next month and I'm going to be quite busy helping her with the preparation and like I said I am going to be her maid of honour."

"You don't need to worry about that. I can handle all the preparation on my own." He suggested with a smile.

"Belen..." her voice came out almost disappointed, while her brows creased slightly. Her hues showed a hint of hurt and disappointment. "I wish for Sandra to be my bridesmaid too..."

"She can be. I never said anything against that, my love." He answered, clueless of the frustration which was slowly building inside her day by day because of his selfish behaviour.

"You have not. But she wouldn't be able to do so if we have our wedding on the next month." Her voice raised a little, displaying her frustration. "Why don't you understand?"

"Y/n. Why are you so upset over it? I didn't said anything wrong. I just thought you would be as much happy and excited to get married soon." He replied in a calm tone, slightly confused and hurt. She had never raise her voice on him nor showed any sign of frustration and annoyance.

"You thought?" She repeated his words. "Belen, you always assume everything on your own and go on with it. You never ask for my say in any of it. It's like my opinion doesn't even matter to you." She confessed, her eyes filled with sorrow and sadness.

"It's not like that, y/n—"

"It is." She cut in. "Even this wedding..." she paused to stare at him. "It's like it's your wedding alone and not ours."