CHAPTER 10

Y/N WALKED BESIDE SANDRA DOWN THE STREET, A BASKET HELD IN HER HANDS

The streets buzzed with people. Little children ran after one another while some held onto their parents' hands staring up at the stores. A variety of shops for vegetable to clothes lined the streets. It was a pleasant day with the sun high up in the sky — warm yet not humid enough to tire one out.

"Y/n." Sandra called out, a smile slowly growing in her visage. The said woman hummed back in response to make it known to her that she was listening. "So... who's that handsome man?" She asked. She had seen the man a handful of times. She must admit he was incredibly handsome with the most mesmerizing teal eyes. She had never seen eyes of such colour.

"Him...?" Her e/c coloured friend replied. "He is Belen."

"I didn't mean in that way, silly." Sandra pouted. Y/n turned to face her. Her brow raising in clear confusion. "Oh don't act ignorant now. I want you to spill all the tea. Everyone has been talking about this handsome man and you."

"He is just a friend. " Her acquaintance replied and turned her attention back to the route in front of them. "Nothing more."

"Don't lie. He comes to meet you every single day!!!" Sandra reasoned. The said woman snapped her head to her direction, an unbelievable look crossing her visage.

"Have you been spying on me?"

"..."

"Oh god!!!" Y/n placed her hand on her temple. "I just can't believe you. I feel embarassed for you." She exhaled. "Look! Sandra, I understand. How much you want me to find love. But...it's just not it. There is nothing going on between him and me."

Sandra had always wanted her friend to find love in her life. Even more a man from a high status in the society, so she would be able to live a comfortable life. Unlike her, her friend was not born with a silver spoon and had to toil hard to make ends meet. Worse, y/n lost her mother early in her childhood and her father followed suite after a few years.

Y/n had a hard life. Being born in a lower status of the society was bad enough and she became an orphan in an early age. Life had been cruel on her. Yet she had strived on, never leaning on anyone for help.

She had struggled so much and Sandra believed now she deserved all the happiness which life could offer. She no longer wanted to see her suffer alone. Of course, she was there for Y/n. But she was to be married soon and move to a new town where his future spouse resided. Before that, she wished to find her friend someone. Someone who love her and could afford her all the happiness and joy the world could give.

"I am just looking out for you, y/n." She answered, her chestnut brown eyes turning grey like the clouds when it's time to pour. Y/n concerned her. Once she was off to the new town after her marriage who would look after her. The town folks did not fancy her friend much to begin with as she was a low class and an orphan.

Putting on a false smile, she linked her arms with her h/c coloured comrade. "So he is just your friend huh?" Y/n nodded her head, a clear suspicion visible in her e/c hues like the wide blue sky. "You see, I am going to be married off soon and move to another town in a couple of months." She explained, her lips tugged in a small smile. "I would like to meet your supposed friend before I go."

"So tell him I'm inviting both of you to dinner on Saturday night."

"We are not in that terms that I could tell him—."

Sandra cut in. "Please...y/n. He looks so handsome from afar. I wonder how he would look up close. But if..." She side eyed her friend with a teasing look. "You want to enjoy that view all to yourself, I understand. Maybe—."

"Fine! I'll tell him. But it's not my fault if he decline the offer." The chestnut eyed woman really knew how to get y/n to give in. She just need to meet the man and see whether he was worthy of her friend. If yes, she would be more than elated. But if he wasn't, then she just need to set up her friend with someone else before her departure.

"Thank youuu..." She hugged y/n. "I am sure, he will agree to come." She let go of her comrade. "Now I just need to get started with the preparation."

A/N: An early update to compensate for the previous short chapter

A/N: An early update to compensate for the previous short chapter. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.