C•h•a•p•t•e•r IV

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
As I sat at my room while reading a book, I felt thirsty, which is why I made my way to the kitchen where I saw Chaeyoung skimming the fridge for something to eat.

"Chaeyoung?"

I saw her jump a little in surprise.

"Oh! You scared me there." She said.

"My apologies."

"Its alright. I just fee a little hungry thats why I am here."

"Have you found something to eat?" She really likes to eat doesn't she? We just ate an hour ago.

"Hmm. I don't really know what I am supposed to eat. Should I eat kimchi stew or just some snacks?" She said.

"Why not eat both."

"Then I'll eat both." She said happily.

After she prepared the food she wanted to eat I looked for something to drink. She seems to be really enjoying her food, she even offered me some, which I politely refused.

"Y/N. You're really quiet aren't you? I don't mean it as something offensive or anything. Its just that you rarely speak." She says as she began to munch some food again.

"I get that a lot. I just don't really feel like talking. What is there to say anyway?"

ROSÉ's POV
For the past days we've been together, he began to utter more words than usual. Maybe he just needs someone to talk to, aside from the usual conversation he participates in.

"Hmm. Perhaps, you can talk about how your day went?"

He was standing near the fridge with a drink in hand as he contemplates whether to answer my question or not. But, luckily he did.

"Nothing out of ordinary."

"And your ordinary day is?" Let's just hope he shares it.

"Meetings. Appointments. Paperworks."

Looks like he is back to his usual conversation pattern.

"That must be really tiring, I remember whenever we have our comebacks, our schedule would be really tight. We barely slept. Well we mostly slept in the car which is kinda uncomfortable. But it was a happy time for me. Being able to meet my fans and sing for them is awesome."

He simply nodded. I am happy though since he always show that he is paying attention to my words. He would stare and nod. But he never diverts his gaze.

"You look like you really enjoy doing all that."

"Of course, I do. I hope you do as well." I said as I brought my dishes to the sink. I saw he was about to leave the kitchen but he suddenly stopped.

"Next time, I'll do my best to answer you regarding that matter. Good night."

"Okay! I'll wait for that. I'll make sure to listen just as intently as you do. Good night!"

Y/N's POV
Two days have passed since that conversation. Chaeyoung told me that she would be at work today since they have something they had to do and she'll probably end up going home late, therefore our plans of having dinner together have been cancelled.

"Sir?"

"Hmm?"

"These are the papers you have to sign. The revisions you have asked for have been applied as well. You also have another meeting later this afternoon."

As usual. Meetings and paperworks. Nothing out of ordinary. I have never really given much thought about how I am living my life. Never paid that much attention. All I know is that I have to do what was asked of me, at least thats how I was raised. Make sure that everything is perfect. No room for mistakes.

But hearing Chaeyoung talked about her life and seeing different emotions on her face as she talks about it makes me realize how boring my life must could have been if I were to talk about it.

As an only child, all the attention is in me since I have to be perfect in every way. I am not supposed to fail. I cannot express how I feel since it might lead to an undesired outcome. Which is why I was taught to 'keep your emotions to yourself, do not let any of it get leaked'. Though at times I make decisions for myself, majority of my life was decided by my parents.

That is why getting married is like any other task I have to do. Except, I am not the only one bound, not the only person whose life will be ruined.

"Kim Haneul-ssi, you are married right?"

"Yes sir."

"I see."

"If I may sir, is there something bothering you?"

"Nothing."

"Hm. You are a special case."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Though it is something you might have expected, living the situation would still come in shock. All I can tell you is be yourself."

What? Be myself? Then, the marriage is doomed. How can I possibly-

"I bet you are thinking that you'll do a terrible job. But no, I witnessed you grow up. You are a respectful and attentive man. I know your struggles, though not so much. But this I can fully testify into. You sir, are a good man. You might look emotionless to those who don't know you, but not to me. I have been together with you long enough so I can say it."

"Thank you."

He bowed then left.

'Be myself... A good man.'

I myself don't know who I am. How am I supposed to do that?
-
As I entered our shared apartment I kept recalling the old man's words. Be myself huh? That's a lot harder than it sounds.

It was quiet, then I remembered Chaeyoung will be late today. This place has always been quiet though, its not like there is anything different. I went to my room and got changed. As I laid on my bed, I began to wonder what I should do? I have finished my work, even the book I was reading. What should I do for a change?

I opened my phone. I don't have a social media account. There is nothing interesting with my phone as well. I recalled Chaeyoung saying that she has a meeting today. Are they going to record a song or something? Song? Right. Chaeyoung is a singer. An idol, as they said. Since I am not fond of watching videos I opened my spotify and searched for her group.

Blackpink.

I picked a song and ended up listening to all of their songs since their debut.
——————————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading! What are your thoughts so far?