C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXIX

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
ROSÉ's POV
The place feels too cold.

Too sad.

Too. . . depressing.

I don't know how it would feel like growing up in here.

Even by simply looking at the surroundings, I can sense how sad this place is. No matter how majestic both the interior and exterior is, the story that this place has, it has a stronger aura.

As Y/N and I walked with our hands intertwined I find myself glancing at him from time to time.

He chose this place for a reason I don't know of. His mother inviting us for dinner is more than shocking already, but being in here, in the place where Y/N grew up is something I wasn't expecting to be happening this soon.

We kept a moderate pace as we walked. The air was thick and the clacking sounds of our heels echoed through the barren hallways. From what I have noticed, this place is way bigger than his father's residence. The route we are taking seems to be endless, or perhaps I am just being impatient. With everything happening I don't know what would be the next thing to expect, but since Y/N is with me, I'll be fine. We'll both be.

The head butler then came and greeted us.

"Welcome home, Young Master, Young Mistress." He said as he dipped his head. Behind him the house personnel's were all doing the same.

Y/N raised a hand in acknowledgment before the butler said, "This way."

The man named Mr. Son led us towards the dining room. As we stepped inside, I noticed that the table that stretched from one end of the room to the other is adorned with beatiful ornaments. I also noticed the line of impressive paintings that graced the walls.

Speaking of, I haven't seen a single picture of any of them.

"Are you alright?" Y/N asked beside me, taking me out of my trance.

I turned to look at him and noticed that he looks much more relaxed than I had expected.

"I'm fine. How about you?"

"I am too." He said as he gave me a small smile.

"Then we're all good." I told him as I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

We moved to our designated position. I am sitting beside Y/N while he sits on the right side of the head's seat.

And with that we waited.

-

A few minutes passed when the door opened once again, revealing none other than. . . Y/N's mother.

My mother-in-law.

And it is the first time I am meeting her. Formally.

She wasn't there at our wedding so I don't have any idea what she looks like or what her voice sounds like, but I did hear lots of things about her. Scary and intimidating stories. Nevertheless, I still want to know her for myself, coming from my own perspective.

Y/N and I stood up from our seats as she moved to hers.

The way she walks is filled with grace and elegance, it is evident on every step she takes. And once she reached her seat, she spoke.

"You've made it."

"We did." Y/N replied.

She spared him a glance before saying, "Shall we all sit down?"