C•h•a•p•t•e•r XIV

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
Rosie's parents kept apologizing at me. For what reason? Shouldn't I be the one apologizing to them? For making their lives complicated because now they are associated with me, with my family.

"Please, sir, maam. You don't have anything to apologize for."

"I am deeply sorry for what had just happened. Alice isn't the type to cause such a scene, I'll make sure to talk to her." Mr. Park said with his head bowed.

"I understand where she is coming from sir. Her anger is valid."

"No, Y/N. Were really sorry."

"I should be the one to apologize. My father forced you into making this decision. If he hadn't done that Rosie wouldn't be forced into marrying me. You wouldn't have a fight with your daughter because the arranged marriage would not happen. And Rosie would have been able to have the future she deserves. I deeply apologize." I said as I also bowed to them.

"No sir thats not true! You shouldn't apologize."

"I should." I firmly stated.

"Please Y/N, lift your head."

"You shouldn't even apologize to me. If there is anyone you should apologize for, it has to be to your own family. Your daughter is right. Rosie deserves so much better than this. And you were wrong about what you said." I can feel my throat becoming dry.

"What do you mean?"

"You told me to tell if she wasn't enough. If she did something wrong. Because your concern lies on what's best for me. You're wrong about two things. First, your concern should lie on what's best for her. Second, you are wrong to think that Rosie is not enough."

"What are you trying to say?"

"Rosie is more than enough.' Shaking my head 'No. She is perfect. I don't know where you get the idea that she has any kind of flaw, because she doesn't. She is the most perfect person I have ever seen, and even I cannot live up to how perfect Rosie is. I don't think there will be anyone else I'd rather be married to if not her.' Taking a deep breath I finally said 'What I am trying to say is...I love your daughter sir. And I don't care about what my father nor my mother thinks. I don't care about what kind of deal he offered to you, nor what other people say. The only thing I care about is her. Rosie. I know we started things differently, but I want to tell you, sir, maam, that I love her. Only her. So please, you don't have to care for what my parents will say nor diminish Rosie's value. Because in my eyes she is more valuable than any other thing."

With my sudden confession they were both stunned. They weren't expecting such turn of events. But how can I keep myself from loving Rosie? Is something like that even possible to begin with?

"I, don't know what to say." Her father said. 'Hearing those words from you, means a lot."

"Do you even mean it?" Her mother spoke.

Averting my eyes to her I answered "Yes maam. Every single word."

"I see."

"I think you should go look for them, I know that this is clearly not what we hoped for, but it was a great honor to meet my wife's family."

"We feel the same."

Before we part ways, I decided on something.

"Sir? I am sorry but can you spare me some of your time." I asked of Mr. Park.