C•h•a•p•t•e•r XVI

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
These days, someone's been calling me, up until a few moments before Rosie arrived at the airport.

Seeing her immediately made me focus on her alone. She's wearing a long brown coat, a white crop top and a pair of jeans, and her hair was casually tied in a half bun.

How can someone look so effortlessly beautiful?

Everytime I see her, my breath hitches. My heart beat increasing.

"Did you wait long?" I shook my head. "Next time inform me much earlier, okay?"

"I will. And again, I apologize."

"Apology accepted." She said along with that mesmerizing smile. "So where are we headed?"
-
The flight is about 11 hours, and we decided to spend the time talking, eating, and sleeping.

"So what do I have to expect there?" Rosie said as she sat opposite me. "I mean, this would be the first time I'll be attending something like this since we got married. They're your crowd."

"They're not my crowd." I answered flatly.

"What I mean is that you are more uhh...used to them?"

"I know."

"Okaaaay! So any tips or whatever?"

"Nothing."

"For real?" She asked while quirking an eyebrow. Which I found adorable.

"Yes. You're already lovely. Whatever you do will be fine."

"Ugh. I am being serious here."

"So am I." I answered with all seriousness.

"Look I know that they can't exactly badmouth me openly because of you, but...I just want to make sure that I'm doing things right." She confessed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Our upbringing is a lot different from each other. There are things that are accepted in my family that aren't accepted in yours."

"I'm sure you can handle socializing though."

"I...ugh. Fineeee." Rosie said admitting her defeat.

"There aren't exactly rules though." I assured her.

"How about people I have to know?"

"Nervous?"

"Very! Who wouldn't be? I'd be surrounded by people who came from really powerful backgrounds."

"You're always surrounded by those kinds of people though."

"Its different. Entirely different."

"Alright." I replied, noticing the distress in her voice "My family is associated with the groom. His name is Enrique Vargas, 28, the youngest among three children. His mom is a surgeon and his dad is a businessman. The bride's name is Rachel Smith, 29. Both parents are professors in Harvard University. The eldest between two daughters. I don't exactly know their love story, but they met on a cruise ship. I guess it was the time when Enrique was on his partying spree."

Rosie listened intently on the information before asking me the question "Were you given informations like this before the wedding?"

"No."

"How secretive."

"We'll be spending three days on the wedding location, Agreco Farm located in Crete. Two days we'll spend it at the capital, and the last two days anywhere you want You're free to do whatever you want by the way."