C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXIV

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
ROSÉ's POV
I looked at Y/N and then to the older couple. Apparently, they are his grandparents. No wonder the boy wearing nice tailored-clothes in the pictures looked oddly familiar. It was Y/N when he was a kid.

"Have you taken a tour already?" Y/N's grandfather said.

"We did." Y/N answered.

"I see. Hope you liked the place." He said as he led us all towards the kitchen.

Y/N's grandparents began to prepare a meal, his grandmother placed something inside the oven as his grandfather took something out of the refrigerator. As they prepared, Y/N motioned for me to sit at the island.

"So...any allergies?" His grandfather asked.

I shook my head and Y/N did the same.

"Good! I hope no one's allergic to perfection then." His grandfather joked.

Y/N's grandmother giggled at his words while Y/N chuckled, "I obviously am not." He said as I feel him took a glance at me which did not go unnoticed by his grandfather.

"Sooooo, how's life?" His grandfather asked.

"I have been quite busy. Always have been."

"Righhhht. Good thing you made plans to stay here. I was shocked when you asked, I thought it was for business but then you said it was a trip. With your wife."

"What's so shocking about that?" Y/N retorted.

"I don't think I'll have to explain anything more." His grandfather said as he winked at me and I heard a small groan in annoyance fell from Y/N's lips which only made his grandfather laugh.

Y/N and I helped set the table despite his grandparents' protests and we all sat their and began to eat dinner.

"Its a pleasure to have you here, Ms. Park."

"I am honored to be here." I replied politely.

"My grandson here didn't told you about us didn't he?"

I looked at Y/N and saw him flinch a little. "He didn't."

"As expected. His not much of a talker, and can be quite boring so I apologize in his stead." He said putting his hands together.

"Honey, stop teasing him."

"I am noooot." His grandmother gave his grandfather a subtle glare. "Fine fine! Its just that I find the need to. I haven't seen my boy in ages!" He exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, he can be really loud and annoying." Y/N's grandmother said as she bowed a little to me.

"Oh, I don't think he is ma'am." I replied.

"You can call me Gramps, but originally he calls me Papa. This kid really." He said as he threw a glare at Y/N who remained unbothered as he eats his dinner.

"And you can call me Nana."

"I...will." I said in return.

"No need to rush. We just want to get closer to the woman who captured our Y/N's heart." His grandmother stated as she smiled at me and Y/N. At her words I glanced at Y/N beside me, whose neck can be seen turning red but still pretended to remain calm.

"Yes! Its quite exciting how he begins to break the rules." Y/N's grandfather exclaimed loudly, "When did he confess? How did it turn out?"

Our attention turned to Y/N who choked on his food at his grandfather's question. I reached for a glass of water and handed it to him. He took it and gave a small bow.