C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXV

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
Rosie told me to give up. Saying that maybe I am not really in love with her. That perhaps this is just an infatuation I am feeling.

But is it?

Is that possible?

How can I measure it?

How can she measure it?

Ugh. Love is definitely a complicated thing.

Morning came and Papa told me to accompany him to the market. He probably noticed something different between me and Rosie the moment we came back. He'll probably give me the talk.

Walking at the market, I remember all the times Papa told my mother to let me go with him, but she didn't allow it. I would always be left wondering what Papa did at the market. Once he comes home, he'll give me some treats, may it be chocolates, candies, or some pastries. But everytime he would give me something.

I keep my eyes wandering through the busy crowd of the market, letting myself imagine how my life would turn out to be if I was the one in their shoes. A normal life where you can do anything you want. Or perhaps not. I don't even know what kind of life they are actually living, I cannot judge their lives base on what I can only see.

But would I have been happy if back then I was able to do what I did right now? Take risks? Was Rosie right? That perhaps, I don't really love her. That this is nothing more than an infatuation? Since I was depraved of love for a long time, maybe I got confused. Perhaps I don't really know what love is? How can I possibly say those three words easily?

Was I being unreasonable? Idealistic? Insensitive?

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I looked at my side and saw Papa looking at me, "I am simply admiring the place."

"Of course you do. The ground must be too interesting then." He said chucklking as I averted my eyes from him, "You've never been here right? My daughter never allowed you to come."

"Yes. She never allowed me to do many things."

After buying the things we need, we found a bench to sit on.

"The weather is good for a walk isn't it."

"It is indeed."

I can feel my grandfather's eyes staring at me, "How's your heart lately, son?"

"My heart?" Papa nodded. "It...Its not good." I answered reluctantly.

"By that you mean?"

"Rosie...she told me to give up. I think it has something to do with what happened between her and her friend. Perhaps, she feels the same way for him? Or...well I don't really know, but it got me thinking, was I not genuine? Did my sincerity not reach her?"

Papa didn't answer right away.

"You're thinking is very one-sided." I tilted my head and asked him to continue, "What is love? We say, we fight for the person we love, and also if we really love the person, we let them go. What should you really be following?"

I have heard of those before, "I am not sure. I don't think I should be greedy, but I shouldn't be a quitter as well."

"That is both correct. But there is a third one."

"And that is?"

"Simply love." Papa laughed at my expression, I was deeply dumbfounded by what he said, "I see you have become more expressive after spending time with her. I really like her for you. What I mean to say is, disregard all that. Love. Keep on loving. That's what I want you to do, son."