C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXVI

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
My life has been anything but far from perfect.

Some might say, a lot actually, will definitely rebuke me for saying that.

Why?

Because that is what was shown to them. That I, my whole being, is perfect. It is what my parents wanted to achieve.

And why is that?

I don't know.

Or perhaps I know but doesn't want to admit. They are my parents and even with everything they have done, I just can't seem to find it in my heart to disrespect them in a way some people would have.

The only time I talked back was when my mother belittled my wife, but still it wasn't because of something she did to me, it wasn't because I was angered by what was done to me. And up until now I don't know why I haven't fight back.

"You okay?" My wife asked.

Yes.

My wife.

The one and only, Park Chaeyoung.

We got home, hands still entwined and a tint of pink on our faces. Like two teenagers who just began dating. Well, its true, we just began dating even though we are already married.

The moment Papa and Nana saw us they pretended to keep calm, I have never held hands with a woman,  even with my own mother. They both cannot hide the smile on their faces as they see Rosie and I on the doorstep, but thankfully they didn't teased us or anything.

"I...I am." Rosie looked at me incredelously. "Just thinking about some things."

She then nodded her head in understanding.

I remembered something as I kept my eyes focused on my wife. I wonder what it feels like growing up in a healthy environment. Its obvious to me that Rosie has a strong bond with her family. The love they have for her is in full display, especially her sister, Ms. Alice. The scene was still fresh in my mind, the way she stood up for Rosie not only from me and my family, but to her own parents as well.

"Rosie?" She hummed in response, her eyes trained on the book she is currently reading. "I want to visit your family."

Her head immediately shot at me and the surprise in her face is evident.

"You do?"

"Of course I do. They're your family."

Rosie grinned at my words but I can see a faint blush on her pretty face.

"Well, we could...but..." I gestured for her to go on. "I mean its possible, we have the resources to do so, but are you sure?"

Nodding my head profusely I replied, "I am. I want them to like me too." I confessed earning a giggle from her.

I swear her giggles might just kill me someday. Its too adorable.

"Okaaaay! When are you planning to?"

"Tomorrow? Or the day after? As soon as possible?"

Rosie thought for a moment, "I guess two days from now would suffice. We still haven't seen much of the place, besides Papa and Nana would still love to have their ever precious grandson around."

"And their granddaughter as well." I added, starting our little staring contest.

Whenever I look into her eyes I get lost in it. There's something about it that makes my insides go wild. The butterflies won't stop, and I know it won't ever. It makes me want to keep staring at her forever.