C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXXI

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
A lot of things happened in the past few months.

Things I wouldn't have known would be happening in my life anytime soon, but fate has its ways.

It's been a month since the scandal happened, and I was able to deal with it quickly, with no additional damage done. In the month that has passed, things went back to something I can describe as "normal".

Rosie has been busy with their new album for a while now, and I can see how she is both exhausted and excited about it, she wouldn't even give me any spoilers. I have grown closer to her members with Jisoo noona and I play games here and there, she would often get competitive about how good I am, but a game is a game, so she lets it slide — 1 out of 10 times. Lisa and I would often talk about photography and stuff, she seems really into these kinds of discussions, she is loud, and that is a given, but she talked about this most of the time with me and I am more than willing to discuss things like this with her. Surprisingly, I got close with Jennie noona, we did start on the wrong foot, but we were able to set aside our differences and become good friends, not to mention, her romantic feelings for my best friend. Speaking of, Seojun has been busy lately, I have seen him twice only this month since he's pretty busy with their company, my office has been a lot quieter and I am glad because of it.

I visited my in-laws as well. They were in Korea and I made sure to cater to them. We were able to bond and it was relieving to know that their view of me is gradually improving but I cannot blame them, after what my father did to them, which is something I still don't know about. I was able to talk with Alice-ssi on a few occasions but it's easy to see that she still doesn't like me that much.

I haven't seen my father since that night and as for my mother, well. . . we're having lunch together. Right at this moment.

"You seem to be lost in thought."

"I apologize. Something simply came to mind."

I didn't asked Rosie about the dinner, nor did I ask my mother. But for some reason, after their meeting, my mother reached out to me more often. We sat together silently as we simply eat our lunch.

"How have you been?" I asked cautiously.

"I have been well." She replied as she cuts her food. "How about you?"

"I've never been better." I replied, in which my mother hummed in response. Sighing softly I added, "I hope everyday is just like this."

Not hearing any response from her I decided to continue talking.

"I can't remember the last time we ate together." I said, pertaining to my father as well, "Nor times when we would simply bask in each other's presence. I am not even sure if a time like that ever came into our lives. Were we ever happy? Like a normal family? But then again we aren't normal, right? We are extraordinary. People who are and will be leaders of the future. Which is why it has to be that way. I had to be tough. You had to be. Because if we aren't we will be swallowed up by the pressure that comes with being part of this family. We lived luxuriously, and yet we never had the luxury of thinking about the things that matter most. But those things made us who we are today, but still, I just wish things were a little bit different. Did you ever wish for that too?"

After I have uttered those words did I only realize what I have just said.

And that's when it struck me.