C•h•a•p•t•e•r XXX

————————————————————————
"Hello." - dialogue in Korean
"Hello." - dialogue in English
'Hello' - thoughts
————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
My position as the sole heir was realized when I turned 18. It was the moment the entire company would be inherited by me. . . but I turned it down.

More like, I delayed it.

And the reason was simple.

It is because there is nothing good that comes with taking it.

But now, it finally has one.

Looking back in my life, I remember how I grew up watching my mother but I still never understood her. I was the closest person to her but at the same time the distance between us is way too big.

There wasn't any affection growing up.

Each day I was being shaped to perfection by her training. It was exhausting, but as a young kid, I thought that if it was the only way to receive even a spared glance — a small amount of attention — it was more than enough.

To say that I admire her is an understatement. She is the smartest and one of the most accomplished people I have seen in my entire life, and I also came to an understanding of how lonely it is up there. Perhaps it is one of the reasons why I remained obedient, regardless of what she asked me to do. Since I am the only one she has, which is ironic, given that she supposedly has everything.

But everything has its limits.

Or perhaps it is not that I have reached my limitations when understanding her, but instead, I have reached my limits of allowing her to suffer. My mother would never yield. The only person she has ever yielded to is my father — through that, I realized where the real problem is.

It is her.

And her love for him.

A sad love.

An unrequited one.

And I have to find a way to put a stop to it.

But how?

-

It's been two days since that evening. Announcements were made, all stating that I have taken over the entire Lee Group. Countless congratulatory messages poured in. It was even announced in various media outlets.

"So how does it feel?"

Asked by the only other person who understands my suffering, who is currently hanging around at my office.

"The same as before."

"Sure it does." Munching the food he said he brought for me.

Feeling Seojun's gaze on me I asked, "What is it?"

"I'm proud of you."

Looking up from my table I looked at him to see any hint of mischievousness on his face. But there was none.

"You're finally speaking up. And I couldn't be any prouder." He said, and I can feel the sincerity behind his words.

"Thank you. It means a lot coming from you."

"Of course. Its not like everyone knows what you went through."

Nodding my head in agreement I then remember something we haven't spoken about.

"Seojun."

"Hm?"

"How's it going between you and Jennie noona?"