21- His past

21- His past

Sid is lying on Sana's lap, playing with her fingers on the bed.

"Baby, you know I never knew that being in love will be so blissful. Living with you is more exciting."

"Acha, stop kidding. Your rich and had a relationship with a lot of girls. You get everything easily, right! So, every minute is blissful for you." She smiled.

"No, it's not as great as you think!"

"Sid, can I ask one question?" She whispered.

"Shoot it, baby" He smiled, kissing her hand.

"On Maya's wedding, you said or mocked her like dad's little princess. Are you unhappy with Maya still?" She asked with hesitation. He got up from her with a jerk, startling her.

"Sorry! I... Just" She shouted in fear. He chuckled, taking her hand in his.

"My life was happy. Everyone around me pampered me so much, but only until my mom is alive. My real mom! I lost my mother in a road accident when I was 5 years old. I cried so much for her, but she never returned. My grandparents told me that my father will get a new mother for me and as promised I got a new mother and she loved me like my real mother. I felt my life is completed, but there I got the news that a new person will be added. I felt I will get a sister or brother to play with and I always want a sister. But everything changed from the time my mom is pregnant with Maya. Mom got complications during that time my dad stopped spending time with me. I thought it's just a phase. We invited Maya, my little sister with all love and joy. I was beyond happy, but my happiness is a phase. The clouds of loneliness took over my heart. I have no one in life. Dad used to play with Maya every day, but he used to scold me to do my homework. She is a sharp kid and very talented, unlike me. In my 6th standard, I failed in two subjects and my dad felt it's a crime. He beat me so bad with his belt. Mom tried to stop him, but he had so bad feeling that my scorecard insulted him. It pained so much, and I got fever with fear. He got my admission to a high standard boarding school. I begged him not to leave me alone. Mom tried to convince him, but he didn't listen to me or her. They left me alone in boarding school."

"In my place, Maya got all the love and attention of my parents.... no, her parents. My parents are died long ago, I lost my mother in an accident and my father when Maya fell on this earth." He cried in a broken tone, remembering his bitter childhood.

"He may have thought that for your wellbeing, for your success!" Sana tried to calm him.

"Yeah, I accepted everything feeling the same, but one day I understood he never knows me or cares for me. One day he got a call from my school that they caught me using a phone. Phones we're not allowed in school and only Sunday we can make calls to our family, but one of my classmates has a phone secretly and I wanted to make an urgent call, so I took that phone from him, but I got caught with phone and they called my dad. Everyone thought that's my phone, but that's not mine I tried to tell them, but none are ready to believe me. The real owner of the phone too denied it, and they caught me red-handed. I felt my dad will trust me. I felt he knows I don't have such intentions, but I'm wrong. He believed their complaint over his upbringing."

"But why you took the phone?" She asked in surprise.

"To wish Maya at 12 am. It's her birthday. I promised her to wish on her birthday without fail. I also brought her a gift and kept it in my room. It's Wednesday I can't wait for next Sunday to wish her, so I borrowed the phone, but I got caught before wishing her. Do you know who owns that phone?" He paused, looking at me.

"Who, Rick?" She asked.

"No, Jack!" He uttered, shaking her.

"You hate Jake because of that?"

"Maybe, my dad got so much angry and shifted me to a new boarding school, which was like a mini jail. He used to deposit money in my canteen account as he stopped trusting me. I was all alone because we don't have the facility for weekend calls. Then I met Sam and after one year Rick. They filled my life. When Sam helped me with my studies, Rick joined me in basketball. I felt they are my family, and I never looked around or waited for my real family. They didn't even bother to take me home on my summer vacations too. Rick's dad used to pick us from the hostel, and I used to spend my holidays with his family. My dad felt paying my expenses will keep me happy, and I felt passing all the subjects is my duty. All left me but Sam and Rick never. They joined me at the same university. We shared an apartment, Rick was around with girls then I started having alcohol, slowly got addicted to alcohol and parties sometimes girls too. We travelled around together, had a lot of fun, and returned home. Rick and I thought to take over our dad's business and Sam got a job but coming here I found my place is taken by Maya. My dad felt I'm incapable to handle his business. I was five years elder to Maya, and he wants me to assist her. I hold an MBA from Harvard Business School, but he preferred her over me. Then I realized my place in their life. I mean nothing. I drink or die it makes them angry, but none cares. I damaged my health but never harmed others. But it changed meeting you. I swear! I always tried not to love you or hurt you. I felt so bad to break your heart, but I thought to tell you everything after my birthday and propose to you, but everything changed. I forced you!! It's unforgivable, but I did all wrong with you, but still, you're so good with me, unlike my dad. Even after breaking your heart, you are loving me and changed me for good. Now I'm feeling my life is complete with you. I'm trying for a job. Once I get my offer letter, we will shift to the US and start our family. We are two now and soon we will be three."

She was stunned hearing about his life. She never thought that his golden life is filled with loneliness.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you decide to have a family or not! We can wait for that until you want it." He smiled with love.

"Hmm, I'm getting sleep. Shall we sleep?" she whispered, faking a smile.

"Yes, baby" He arranged the pillow and made her lie on the bed and he sleeping taking her in his embrace, but sleep is far away for her.