37- Struggle

37- Struggle

Sana pov,

Life was peaceful as of now. This new place gave me everything now. I got a promotion which led me to a hike in my pay. My dad visited my place, and he felt happy at my professional growth, but my past resignation highly disappointed him.

He had a lot of emotional connection with the Johnson group that made him upset. But how can I tell him that the place I left is my hell? My boss here is so friendly like Maya she is a lady in her 50s.

In the starting days, I was so scared of being pregnant with his baby. That shouldn't happen. The baby will never be the symbol of our love because it's just happened by his lust. I took a lot of contraceptive pills to avoid pregnancy, but it landed me in severe health issues destroying my immunity.

I'm helpless in my situation, I was feared of ruining an innocent life over his lust. I was under treatment, but my recovery is late. I'm feeling dizzy suddenly and my blood pressure is fluctuating. The doctor suggested I not take tensions, and I was trying not to remember my past and taking counseling with my nightmares, but it's not working too because I held my pain inside my heart. I can't burst out the truth even to the doctor it may destroy everything.

I made myself busy with work to overcome my fears, and it worked too. After my heavy day, I made my way for the doctor's appointment.

As I reached the clinic, my nervousness raised. It's confusing me whether I can ever overcome my hunting past.

"Hey, Sana. I was just waiting for you. I just felt you had canceled your appointment." The doctor said looking at me.

"Sorry," I whispered faking a smile coating my nervousness.

"That's alright. Come with me" we walked to her cabin, and I occupied the chair in front of her.

"Tell me, how is your sleep going? Can you show me your sleep score on the app?" She asked. Oh, God!! It's least at 40. I'm hardly sleeping. If I tell truth she will again ask hypnotize and find my fears. I can't risk it.
"I'm sorry, I forgot to use my smart watch." I lied.

"But you're wearing it on your hand now!" She smiled looking at my fitness band. Oh, God!!

"I mean night" I tried to lie. She chuckled at my stupidity.

"Miss. Sana, I don't know why you're lying but sitting in front of a psychologist you're lying. You're just not open to your doctor! If you are not open, how can we treat you? What is your sleep score? How many hours you are sleeping per day?" She asked in a serious tone.

"4 hours" I whispered.

"Continuous or light sleep?"

"Light sleep" I mumbled.

"Hmm, Sana, I know you had something in your heart. Maybe something huge, why don't you share it with me. Trust me, that secret lies between us." She requested. I remained silent.

"When you can't be open, why you visited me? When you don't want to get out of that trauma, why you are here?" She shouted frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here, maybe!" I mumbled getting up to leave, but her words frozen me.

"For what you're running? Until when you will run? No dream comes without a reason! Seeing the same nightmare daily is only possible if the incident happened for real with them or in front of them!! How long you can convince your heart? Your condition is not good, Sana, try to understand and help yourself." She is right. But what to do?

"Doctor, I can't help." I cried.

"Why?" She asked looking into my eyes.

"That's my personal!" I argued.

"If your mother asks the same, can you tell her the same?" I was taken back at her confession.

"I had a daughter of your age, and she too faced such things, but she never expressed me nor anyone. Five years ago, she committed suicide, and she left us. I tried many times to motivate her, but the things hidden in her heart played a key role in taking her life. I don't want another daughter to be so. Seeing you in the park upset made me feel your pain. That's why I gave you my card to help you out of that depression, but your stubborn to express the truth. Please let me help you!"
I was mute hearing her sad truth.

"Ok, I will not force you. You can go" She mumbled turning away.

"I was in a bad relationship before. That made me scared, shattered, and these nightmares are few incidents of my past. I cried, I used sleeping pills but fear his comeback made me stop taking pills. I want to be strong, but I was scared somewhere." I cried.

On another side,

Author pov,

It was raining heavily, Sid was on the bench in his garden thinking about his past. Maya reached the mansion and stopped her car to walk into the Mansion, but her steps are stopped finding her brother sitting in heavy rain sobbing silently.

She was observing him from the past six months, and he was changed as she wished.

"Bhai! What you're doing in rain? Let's go inside!" She yelled walking to him.

"Nothing! You go inside. You shouldn't be in rain Maya." Sid said getting up for her.

"Then you should come," she said stubbornly.

"Stop it Maya you're pregnant. You should be careful for your baby," Sid scolded her.

"Yeah, my baby wants his uncle too."

"Maya, please let me die alone. I can't argue with you. Let me be as I wish. My life matters nothing to anyone!!" He cried frustrated.

"No, it matters to us. You had a family," She whispered, cupping his face.

"I want my family with Sana. When she left me how can this be family!!" He cried collapsing on the bench.

"Please, don't cry. She may return."

"When will she return?" He shouted crying. Maya felt bad seeing him crying.

"She may never come, and I can never meet her. Then why am I living? Do I have any purpose to live? I deserve to die!!" He started searching for a knife in his pocket, but he found his pen. Opening the cap, he tried to stab his wrist, but Maya held his hand.

"You can meet her!" She shouted the truth.

"Don't create fake hopes!! Let me die!" He shouted to free his hand.

"I know where she is!! I will tell you. Please don't do this!!" Maya begged with tears.

"Really?" He asked like made dropping the pen. She nodded sobbing in rain.

"Yes, I know where she is but please don't hurt her again," She cried.

"I love her, Maya. She will be my wife. Tell me where she is" He asked excitedly. She told him the details of her workplace.

"Thanks a lot, Maya" He hugged her with joy.

"I always want your happiness, Bhai!" She smiled.

"You left me broken and enjoying right! I'm coming darling to show you hell. My poor sister got melted with my tears. Sana mattered her beyond me. Wonderful, my whole family begged her to marry me, but she dumped me so easily. I had so much guilt for the past, but now we are equal. You will pay for this. Let's the game began!!" He murmured inside with a devilish smirk hugging his sister.