Ch. 9

Trigger warning: weapons. Hurt Sasuke+Naruto, angry Naruto+Kurama, blood

Naruto took and deep breath and crossed his fingers. "Muti-Shadow Clone Jutsu."

In a puff of smoke, several clones appeared and rushed outward. Haku launched out of the mirrors and attacked the clones.

Weaving the signs quickly, Sasuke took a deep breath. 'Fire Style! Fireball Jutsu!'

Haku was able to dodge the jutsu with ease and dipped back into the mirrors.

Naruto asked. "Do we want to try again?"

Sasuke's eyes narrowed. "I don't see another way."

Naruto sighed. "I guess. I'll try more clones."

Sasuke blinked. "You made over twenty. I doubt that even Kakashi can make more than thirty."

Naruto grinned. "Oh, Sasuke. You know so little about me." He crossed his fingers once again. "Muti-Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

More than fifty clones appeared and raced around.

"You can't win." Haku said.

The moment that he dipped out of the mirror, Sasuke weaved the signs again. 'Fire Style. Fireball Jutsu!'

This time, the fire was able to burn the heel of Haku's pants.

Naruto looked at Sasuke. He could see that he was going to run out of Chakra soon. Not only did he use most of the Chakra training yesterday, and Chakra needed quite a bit of time to fully recharge. Doing the fireball jutsu over and over again was going to drain his Chakra even more.

Sasuke started panting. "I'm going to run out of Chakra. We need to end this fast."
Naruto nodded. "I've got to agree."

Haku moved through the mirrors and appeared in all of them. He launched spikes at them from all directions.

Naruto created clones to surround them and protect them.

Sasuke sighed. "That was too close."

Naruto nodded. "Yeah." Naruto was now starting to run out of Chakra, but he was now hesitant to use Kurama's Chakra.

Sasuke whipped his hands on his shorts. "I think I can only do a few more fireballs. You got an idea on how I can make it hit."

Naruto bit his lip. "Weave the signs as I make the shadow clones?"

Sasuke breathed out. "It might work. I'll start now."

Naruto made more clones and had them wait a few more seconds before going in.

Haku moved out of the mirror just as Sasuke released his fireball jutsu. This time, however, Haku went for the real Naruto.

Sasuke noticed this and dived in to block the blow. The cluster of spikes hit Sasuke in the stomach. It didn't go deep enough to hit the stomach organ itself, but it did cause a lot of pain.

Haku jumped back and dipped back into the mirror.

Sasuke collapsed and Naruto caught him. "Sasuke-kun! Why did you do that?"

Sasuke gave a weak smile. "M-my body moved on its own."

Naruto looked at the blood as it soaked into Sasuke's clothes.

Sasuke gave him a short, strained laugh. "What? Don't tell me you're scared of blood."

Sasuke's eyes closed, and Naruto gently sat him down.

Naruto's eye twitched. 'Kurama. Chakra. Now.'.

Kurama nodded. He could feel Naruto's rage and didn't want Naruto mad at him.

Blazing red Chakra filled the air. The killing intent was clear. Naruto roared and sent a blast of Chakra that cracked the ice mirrors.

When he looked at Haku, the boy saw his eyes. They were now red. An angry, hate-filled red. His pupil was now a slit, and there was murder in them.

Naruto lunged at him, and Haku barely had time to switch mirrors. Realizing he had to move fast and kill the boy, he appeared in every and chucked his spikes at him.

Naruto let them hit him, then roared and blasted them out of his body. His wounds healed within a second and his body continued to change. His whiskered became more extreme, his teeth started to become fangs, and his nails turned into claws.

This shocked Haku and let Naruto smash the mirror he was in. Dropping out of the mirror shards, he tried to hit Naruto.

This didn't work as Naruto was easily able to dodge and flipped around several times in mid-air.

Haku tried to get back into a mirror, only for Naruto to grab his arm and start to release a massive amount of Chakra, knowing that it couldn't be contained.

Haku tried to hold the Chakra down and managed to do so for a few seconds, but he stood no chance against the nine-tails power. Naruto wasn't even using 1% of Kurama's Chakra. Naruto roared again and sent shock waves of Chakra out. He clenched his fist and punched Haku.

The punch hit him right in the face and blasted him out of the mirror prison. Cracks appeared in his mask. The mirrors shattered and fell to the ground.

Naruto lunged forward and grabbed Haku by the neck. He sent a blast of Chakra out and the mist, which had thickened while he was in the mirror prison, vanished.

Zabuza was now exposed. He stood in the middle of the bridge. He turned to see Haku being held up by the neck by the blonde boy that he had managed to hurt in the forest in his first attempt to kill the bridge builder.

His eyes widened and his hand started to shake. "Haku." He whispered.

Haku's mask fell to the ground as he tried to turn to Zabuza. "Z-Zabuza-sama! L-leave me h-here. G-go!"

Naruto looked at Zabuza and both his and Kakashi flinched. Getting a look into Naruto's bright, but cold red eyes would give everyone the chills.

"I suggest that you give up Zabuza," Naruto said with no emotion. He was trying his best to keep Kurama's voice out of his own. "If you value Haku's life at all." He squeezed Haku's neck a bit harder, causing him to choke.

Zabuza was torn. He never wanted to lose Haku, but he also wanted to kill the old man.

A new voice rang out. "The demon of the mist? Ha! More like a child who's scared of the dark!"

All heads turned to the voice. A short man in a business suit with light blonde hair and dark glasses covering his eyes.

Zabuza snarled. "Gato!"

Naruto turned to look at him. He dropped Haku, who fell to the ground, clutching his throat as he gasped for air. Naruto created a shadow clone and said the clone held a kunai to his neck.

He stepped forward and looked at the man, his eyes still red and his face and body a little animal-like. "So this is the 'great' Gato!"

Kakashi looked at Naruto. He still seemed to be in control of his mind and body. He could see behind him, Sasuke laying on the ground, who seemed to be hurt.

He looked back to Gato, who sneered at Naruto. "Who are you? A little runt who thinks he's big?"

Naruto's eyes developed a dark lining around his eyes, like a fox, and his teeth got bigger.

Zabuza clinched the handle of his sword. He wanted to kill this man. Before he could do anything, he felt a new presence.

Looking up, he saw a man in a blue kimono with a flute in a bubble. He recognized him as Utakata.

Kakashi followed Zabuza's gaze and saw Utakata as well. Kakashi recognized him as well.

Gato looked at Utakata. "Ah. Utakata! Have you reconsidered my offer to join? I would still love to have you."

Kakashi tightened his grip on his kunai. If Utakata was here to join Gato, then they stood no chance against him.

Utakata laughed, which shocked all of them but Naruto. "That's funny Gato. I'm not here to join you. I am here on behalf of the Mizukage."