Ch. 32

Trigger warning: Blood, cocky Orochimaru+Kabuto

Naruto smiled. "So you'll accept the position?"

Tsunade took off her necklace and slipped it around Naruto's. 'This will be the last time. The last time. For the last time, I want to make a bet on that.'

She stood and faced Kabuto. The gray-haired boy laughed and slit his palm. Tsunade stared at the blood. She shook.

Kabuto laughed. "How can you be the Hokage if you can't even stand the sight of blood?"

'Come on Tsunade-san. You can do it.' Naruto's arms shook as he supported himself. 'I know it.'

Tsunade continued to stare at the blood. Suddenly, she stopped shaking.

Kabuto froze in shock. Tsunade charged at him and hit him in the stomach. He was blasted even further back. "I have been chosen as the fifth Hokage! You should watch what you say."

"What the devil!" Jiraiya yelled. Tsunade looked up to see Jiraiya being slammed into the ground by Orochimaru's tongue. The snake sanin was launching at Naruto. His snake sword appearing.

Naruto felt too weak to move. With the small amount of strength he had, he bit his finger and pressed his hand into the ground. "Barrier Style. Blood Shield Jutsu!

A Barrier that seemed to be made of solid blood appeared from the ground and Orochimaru's sword slammed into it. The barrier knock him back twenty feet,  but the force of Orochimaru slamming into it made it shatter.

This was a weaker barrier, and it wasn't meant to last long. However, if it wasn't put down by the user, then it would take Chakra from the user.

Naruto fell to the side and passed out.

Orochimaru got to his feet. He pulled the snake's sword into his mouth. "Such an interesting jutsu. This boy is proving to be even more troublesome them I thought. No matter."

Orochimaru drew his snake sword again and lunged at the unconscious boy.

Tsunade gasped and dove in to protect Naruto. She shielded Naruto with her own body.

As she did this, Shizune managed to regain consciousness. She gasped when she saw what was going on.

"Lady Tsunade..." She muttered in horror.

Orochimaru's eyes widened. He swallowed his sword again. "Tsunade." He said. "You were the one person I wasn't going to kill."

Tsunade coughed up a bit of blood. She stared at the face of Naruto.

"Listen to me." Orochimaru hissed. "If that boy is allowed to live, it will cause more trouble than you or anyone else can deal with. Stay out of my way."

"No!" Tsunade said. "You will listen to me! If I do nothing else, I will protect this boy!"

Orochimaru chuckled. "And how do you plan on doing that with that injury to your back."

Jiraiya struggled to get to his feet. 'I have to get over there!'

Orochimaru walked forward and tried to kick her away. The key word being tried. When he got close, he was hit by a kick to the face.

Tsunade stood up and looked at him with a smirk. "Fool. I am the Leaf's Fifth Hokage!"

Orochimaru laughed. "It doesn't matter what you call yourself. You can't fight with that wound."

Tsunade put her hands together and closed her eyes.

Shizune realized what she was doing. "Lady Tsunade. Please don't break the seal! Let me heal your wounds!

Tsunade ignored her. Releasing the seal, Orochimaru watched as her wounds healed.

Orochimaru looked intrigued. He laughed. "It seems that I wasn't the only one who spent their time discovering new jutsus. This one's very interesting. How's it done."

Tsunade smirked. "My Chakra. For years I stored it up. In a space behind my forehead. It causes my cells to divide rapidly. Intently healing any damage to my body." She wiped some blood from the corner of her mouth. "See, you can slash at me all you want, but I can't be killed."

Shizune stared at the two. 'What she doesn't say is that anyone, even her, and only divide their cells a limited number of times. If you speed that up, you shorten your life.'

(The fight between them goes the same as in the anime. There's no way for me to write it and make it as good as the anime. If you want to watch it, then just look it up.)

Naruto opened his eyes and found himself in his mind. He sighed. "I must have fallen unconscious."

"Yep." Kurama spoke. Naruto turned to look at him. "I can sense the others still fighting. You did a good job."

Naruto smiled at him. "Sorry that you don't get to fight Orochimaru."

The fox shrugged. "If I know anything about the snake, is that if he realizes that he won't win a fight, he's going to run away."

Naruto laughed. "Your probably right."
He sighed. "I'm going to have to explain to Tsunade-oba-san-"

Kurama started laughing. "Oba-san? You're going to call her granny?"

Naruto pouted. "Yeah. So what? I saw it with love."

Kurama shook his head, still laughing. "I just find it funny."

Naruto touched the necklace. "You said that this was from the first Hokage. From what I heard, he was the one who could use wood style."

Kurama nodded. "Wood style is able to restrain tailed beast. When Madara controlled me, long ago, the first Hokage was able to hold me using wood style."

Naruto looked at the necklace. "Will the necklace cause harm to you?"

Kurama leaned down. "I doubt it. I would bet that the first Hokage put some Chakra into the necklace. If I know him, then his Chakra can tell that I wouldn't take over your body without your permission."

Naruto sighed in relief. "Good. I wouldn't want something I wear to hurt you."

Kurama rolled his eyes. "It wouldn't hurt me. It would only block my Chakra."

Naruto pouted. "Still. I don't like that idea."

Kurama tilted his head. "You're probably going to wake up soon. You only fell unconscious due to a lack of Chakra. You wouldn't be out for long."

Naruto petted a fox that walked over to him. "Is it wrong to say that I still want to sleep? I didn't get much last night."

Kurama snorted. "I don't blame you. You  trained for most of the night."

Naruto laid back down on the grass and closed his eyes. "Goodnight Kurama."

As he fell asleep, he heard Kurama gently respond. "Goodnight kid. Sweet dream."