Ch. 15

Trigger warning: none?

Team 7 walked into the ninja academy for the chunin exams. After they climbed one flight of stairs, they saw that two of the gatekeepers were transformed into young chunin and blocked a door.

Looking at the sign hanging next to the door, Naruto saw it said 3-E.

Whispering to his team, he said. "Genjutsu. They want to make us think that's where we're supposed to enter."

Sasuke nodded. "My sharingan is preventing it from entering my system."

Sakura looked at the stairs. "We've only gone up one flight of stairs. Even though it looks like it to me, I know that that's only 2-E."

Team 7 headed up to the third floor, where they found Kakashi waiting for them. "So, you figured out the genjutsu. Did you tell anyone?"

Sasuke shook his head. "The point of the genjutsu is the weed out the weak ones. Undoing it would create more trouble for us."

Kakashi nodded. "Very good. You wanted to be flashy thought."

The three genin nodded and Kakashi chuckled. "You're going to have a lot of chances to be flashy. Are you ready?"

Team 7 smiled. Kakashi nodded. "Alright. Go on in."

Entering the room, they found several genin waiting in the room. Naruto noticed Gaara and his siblings were already there. Gaara nodded to Naruto. Someone else caught Naruto's eye. A girl with teal hair and dark orange eyes. Fuu. She was sitting in the top row and was looking around.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the looser team!" A voice rang out.

Team 7 turned and saw Team 8, its members being Kiba, Hinata, and Shino. This was the rookie tracker team. Kiba wore a fur jacket that his dog, Akamaru, was in, and classic ninja jeans and shoes. He had red fang-like marks on each cheek. He had black hair and eyes, and slightly fanged teeth.

Kiba's clan had a dog familiar. If trained well, they were very strong. While Akamaru was still young, he would likely grow big enough for Kiba to ride him.

Shino wore a thin jacket with a high collar that cover half his face. He wore the same pants and shoes as Kiba. His eyes were covered by a pair of thin black glasses, and his hair was black.

Shino's clan was able to make beetles out of their bodies. These beetles were great for tracking, and could evolve for just about any situation. Shino's clan didn't talk much, but their actions spoke for them.

Hinata wore a tan jacket and blue jeans with classic ninja boots. She had light purple eyes and deep purple hair that was cut in a short bob. Hinata was part of the Hyuga clan. They had a  kekkei-genki, which took the form of a Dojutsu, or a special eye called the byakugan. This gave the user 359° vision. It also let the user see a person's Chakra points and hit them with deadly accuracy. Hinata didn't like to hurt people, which made her stand out from the rest of her clan.

Sasuke sighed. "Hello Kiba, Shino, Hinata."

Sakura nodded and Naruto gave them a smile. This caused Hinata to blush.

Naruto looked next to Team 8 and saw Shikamaru Nara. A lazy boy with black eyes and his black hair tied back in a ponytail that looked like a pineapple. He wore plain gray clothes.

Shikamaru's clan specialized in the shadow jutsu technic. They could stop a person dead in their tracks, it could strangle them, or force the opponent to copy the caster's movements. Shikamaru was also an amazing strategist. His IQ was said to be 200. He could plan a hundred steps ahead of his opponent.