Ch. 23

Trigger warning: Body snatching(???), fate obsessed Neji

The finals for the chunin exams came much sooner than Naruto expected.

During the month of training, Naruto worked hard training his body to handle more of Kurama's Chakra for longer. He knew that he would need to use it to even stand a chance against Orochimaru. Now, he was able to keep his mind intact when he was in a four-tails form. He couldn't use any more than that, but he was happy with how well he was doing.

While he was sleeping, he was training in his mind. He managed to make it so time slowed down even when he was sleeping. He had managed to perfect a barrier style that he could leave shadow clones to do so he could still fight.

Now, he was in the stadiums. He hadn't told Sasuke that Gaara was the one tail. He did tell Gaara and Fuu that they should refrain from using their tailed beast power, as it could create a lot of problems.

Looking up at the Kage's box, Naruto knew that Orochimaru was sitting there in the body of the Kazakage. He guessed that he had two of his most loyal minions within. On the bright side, there were four jinchuriki in there with him.

'Okay, guys. Where are you?' Naruto mentally asked.

'I am in the stands waiting for my match with Sasuke.' Gaara said.

'I'm with my team across from Gaara!' Fuu's voice chimed in.

'Bee-kun, Yagura-sama, Utakata-san and I are in the Kage's box.' Yugito reported.

'Han-kun and I are just outside the village. When the attack happens, we'll get the civilians to safety.' Roshi said.

Naruto sighed. 'Okay. When the attack begins, I need the four in the Kage's box to protect Lord Third. We can't have him die. Make sure that we get Orochimaru away from this area, there are too many people here.'

'We've got it. Also, Naruto-kun.' Yagura said. 'Make sure you save Chakra for the fight to come. Don't waste it all on your match.'

'I know.' Naruto said.

In the Kage's box, Hirozen smiled at the other Kage. "It's good to see you all again."

Orochimaru, disguised as the 4th Kazakage, nodded. "Agreed it's been far too long."

A nodded. "Yes, this should be quite interesting."

Yagura nodded. "It's a shame that the Tsuzikage wasn't able to come."

Orochimaru nodded. 'But it's good for me.'

Utakata wrinkled his nose. He was surprised that none of the others noticed that the Kazakage was Orochimaru. He must have been using a powerful jutsu. To be fair, if he wasn't told, then he would have been fooled as well.

Naruto looked at the matchups and found that he was fighting. Neji Hyuga. This could be a bit of a problem. Neji had the byakugan, and it would be hard to land a sneak attack. He did know that Kurama's Chakra directly countered the Hyuga clan's fighting style.

I wouldn't suggest that you use the version two-state. You might be able to use the cloak, but be careful. The third Hokage doesn't know that you talk to me. Kurama warned Naruto.

'Good idea.' Naruto thought. He was using his private connection to Kurama so the other jinchurikis couldn't hear his thoughts.

'My match is first. That's great...' Naruto would normally be excited about fighting, but he was nervous about his match. He watched Neji's match against his cousin Hinata.

If you need help, I'll step in. Kurama said.

'Thanks.' He thought as he walked into the arena.

Neji looked at him and he seemed calm. "You can't win. Fate is on my side." He said.

What is it with him and fate? Kurama asked.

'I don't know.' Naruto said. 'Now be quiet.'

Rude.

Naruto and Neji circled each other. The moment the match begins, Naruto created a rush of shadow clones. He wanted to try and catch Neji in Air Sphere prison.

Neji sighed. "Eight trigrams! Rotation!"

Naruto's clones were blasted back, and it caught Naruto off balance and forced him to undo Air Sphere prison."

Neji rushed him and Naruto jumped into the air.

Be careful. He's going to try and hit your Chakra points.

'Got it.' Naruto thought. Making a few hand signs Naruto said, "Wind Style. Wind arrow Jutsu!"

Putting his hands in position, he shot the Wind arrows at him. Neji was easily able to dodge them and ran at him.

"Eight trigrams! Air palm!" A blast of pressurized air was launched at Naruto. Acting on his feet, he made a shield out of Kurama's Chakra.

'Dammit! I couldn't have done that!' Naruto thought.

Now's not the time. He was going to find out anyway! Kurama called.

In the Kage's box, the third Hokage puffed some smoke from his pipe. 'I never thought that Naruto-kun would be able to control the nine-tails.'

A leaned forward. "So, that's the nine-tails jinukuriki huh? He's quite young."

Yagura nodded. "I must agree." 'To be fair, Gaara-kun's also a jinchuriki.'

Naruto landed on the wall and ran around. He had told himself that he wouldn't use Fūinjutsu in the chunin exams, and he was sticking by that.

'I have to get him to stop using the byakugan.' Naruto thought.

Naruto jumped to the ground and, when he was only a foot away, he gathered Chakra into his fist and broke up the ground.

The resulting trimmer caused Neji to lose his footing. Naruto rushed forward and punched him in the face.

Neji was able to cross his arms to block the punch, but he was still blasted back.
Weaving the signs, Naruto said. "Wind Style! Air Sphere Prison!"

Neji found himself in a sphere of air. "Gentle fist!" They hit the prison, but it wasn't able to break through. Naruto put more Chakra into it in case he tried again or tried something else. After about five minutes of Neji trying to get out, Genma Shiranui, who took over after Hayate passed away, called the match.

"The winner of the match is Naruto Uzumaki." He said.

Naruto release Neji from the prison and held out his hand to him. "Sorry about that. It looks like fate wasn't really on your side."

Neji scoffed, but he took Naruto's hand. "You may have won this time, but, should we fight again, you will not be so fortunate."

Naruto gave him a big smile. "I can't wait."

As he walked in, he realized that the next match was Shikamaru vs Gaara's sister. Tamari.

Checking his Chakra levels he figured he used about 10% of his Chakra, with only a tiny bit of Kurama's.

'Good work Naruto!' Fuu said. 'Roshi! Han! Naruto won his match against Neji Hyuga!'

'Good work Naruto.' Roshi said.

Agreed. Son Goku said.

'Thanks, guys. In the Kage's box, what's going on with Orochimaru?' He asked
'He hasn't tried anything, but I think that the two men behind him are getting impatient.' Yugito responded.

'Okay. He might not try anything until Gaara-chan and Sasuke-kun's fight, but we should still be on guard.' Naruto thought as he sat down next to Sakura.

Sakura smiled at him. "Good work Naruto!"