Ch. 20

Trigger warning: killing intent, acid, hurt Sasuke+Sakura

Waves of killing intent came off Naruto. Fuu and Gaara flinched. When the red Chakra touched them, it stung.

Yagura bit his lip. He put his hand on Naruto's cheek and pushed some of his Chakra into him. His sensei had done that with him when he was exhibiting killing intent.

To Naruto, Yagura's Chakra felt like a calm river. His eyes went back to blue, his whiskers went back to their straight lines, and his nails turned back to normal.

Naruto took a deep breath. "Sorry. I guess I lost control."

The other jinchuriki shifted, but Yagura put his hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. Your friends were attacked. What happened to you would have happened to anyone."

Naruto gave a weak smile. He stood up. "We need to get back to the village, but not all of us should go. If Orochimaru finds out that all nine jinchuriki are here-"

Yugito chimed in. "Then he'll run. And all of this will be for nothing."

The others nodded. Naruto looked around. "Gaara-chan, Fuu-chan, Utakata-chan, and Yagura-chan should come with me. Yugito-chan and Killer Bee-chan will go to the Raikage and make sure he's okay. Han-chan and Roshi-chan can't be seen, so they should stay on the outskirts of the village. If we chase him out, then they can follow him. Yagura-chan, do you think you can transport us? If we go on foot, it will take too long."

Yagura smiled. He didn't know Naruto was so good at battle tactics. He nodded. "Everyone, link hands so I can transport us."

The nine jinchuriki linked hands. The colors of the world melted around them and reformed into the outskirts of the villages. Han and Roshi broke off then Yagura transported the rest into the village. Yugito and Killer Bee ran off to find the Raikage.

Naruto closed his eyes and began concentrating. "I have seals on Sasuke-kun and Sakura-kun. Only I can find their Chakra. Orochimaru must have used snakes to find them, or he saw them in the festival."

The four other jinchuriki surrounded Naruto, making sure that, if they were attacked, Naruto would be safe.

After a few seconds, Naruto opened his eyes. "I found them! This way!"

The five jinchuriki ran with Naruto in the lead. Naruto noticed that there were giant snakes that kept the other ninja busy. Before they got there, they heard Sasuke scream in pain.

Naruto was now panicking hard. When they turned a corner. They found the snake sanin standing over Sasuke. Blood dripped from his neck. Naruto saw a black marking appearing on the nape of his neck.

Kurama growled. He managed to get a curse mark on Sasuke! Let me kill him! Let me go loose!

Naruto charged and kicked Orochimaru in the face, causing him to stumble away for his teammates. His eyes turned red again and his body started to change again. 'I would love to let you go loose, but there are people! I don't want them to get hurt.'

Naruto landed a few meters away from his teammates. Sakura was unconscious, with a nasty cut on her arm and her forehead. Sasuke collapsed and still had his hand over the area where Orochimaru bit him.

Orochimaru jumped up to the roof of a building. "So, you have come. Naruto-kun."

Gaara and Fuu ran up and stood on either side of him. Yagura and Utakata stood behind them.

Orochimaru looked at the quintet. He spotted Yagura. "My, my. What have I done to have the honor of meeting you? Mizukage-sama."

"N-Naruto. R-run. You c-can't beat him." Sasuke had gathered enough strength to raise his head.

Naruto glanced back. "I can't leave you here. I'm not alone, don't underestimate us."

Sasuke gave a small smile. "H-ha. D-don't be s-so c-cocky." Sasuke passed out.

Naruto glared at Orochimaru. "Gaara-chan, can you use you sand to protect Sasuke-kun and Sakura-kun."

Gaara nodded. "I'll keep them safe. The rest of you can attack." He stepped in between the two of them and put his sand guard up.

Fuu held up her hands. "Water style, Shattered Mist Jutsu!"

A blast of mist attacked Orochimaru and blinded him.

Naruto took a chance. 'Fūinjutsu! Seal Lock.'

Orochimaru noticed that light around him and jumped up to avoid the seal.

Naruto hissed. "Damn it!"

Yagura slammed his staff down. "Water Style, Water Release Jutsu!" Water appeared out of the top of his staff and moved around Orochimaru.

Utakata saw his chance. "Water Style, Acid Bath!" The water surrounding Orochimaru became acid and started to burn him.

After he used a mud jutsu to get rid of the acid, he snarled. 'I'm not doing well. I'm against a Kage, three skilled genin, and a rough ninja. Why are they all working together? Are they all... No. They would never work together.'

Orochimaru laughed. "It seems that I'm not fairing well. I still have a plan, so I'll be taking my leave now."

He put his hands in a seal and vanished.

"No!" Naruto closed his eyes and tried to find him, but he must have gotten too far. "I can't find him." He said in defeat.

Yagura sighed. "Finding him is not our priority right now. We need to get your friends to the hospital."

Naruto nodded and ran to his team. Gaara released his sand, and Naruto touched Sasuke. He was burning up with a fever.

Naruto created three shadow clones, and with the help of them, he lifted his friends.

"Naruto," Sasuke muttered, bearly conscious. "Explain."

Naruto looked at him. "Later Sasuke-kun. I'll explain everything. I need to get you and Sakura-kun to the hospital."

Sasuke fell unconscious again, and Naruto looked at the other jinchurikis. "Yagura-chan, Utakata-chan, you should head back. Fuu-chan, you go back to your team. Gaara-chan, you should do the same."

Naruto jumped away with his clones to get his friends to the hospital.

Gaara smiled. "I didn't know he could lead so well."

Fuu smiled. "I know." She looked to the spot Orochimaru had vanished from. "This isn't the end though. Is it?"

Utakata shook his head. "No. It's not."

Yagura looked up. "This is only the beginning."