X: Wish You Were Sober

RYUJIN's POV

It was the last day of our first semester when Yuna announced some plan for her birthday and ofcourse... It won't be the normal boring food-guest-talk but a whole, hopefully not-so-wild, party.

Although I'm a Shin, I don't prefer those kind of celebrations and when my parents were still around, we'll just keep it simple with an expensive meal and luxurious gifts, but since they're away for a while now, I do it on my own. And for Yuna, even if we're still not allowed, we find ways to drink without the elders knowing.

I mean, in our generation, it's like when we entered high school, we'll experience a lot... A Lot of Unpermitted Actions.

Usually the party won't took place in their house so her parents will just stay for a while but not for the whole night and that, that's our chance to really enjoy the party.

From the talk I had with Yeji when where on the rooftop, I hope to myself to be awaken but instead... I felt something even more.

And it made me bothered whenever I'm around her, conscious even.

Just a little movement of hers, my eyes will follow. I'm having a conversation with others but my ears perks up when I hear her talk. And I can't... I can't stay still when she'll scoot closer, sitting beside me.

But setting those aside, I tried my best to persuade and it took a lot of proposals on why she should go. Thankfully in the end, she agreed to experience her first ever party with.. us.

So here we are, meeting up in front of a rented party hall. I just wore a coat for some formality and a loose polo shirt under. My friends styled almost the same with me, having at least one clothing to look decent. While she... She's wearing a turtle neck, letting her hair fall down.

I picked her up in her house and together with soobin and chaer, we entered the area. Us walking behind.

We walked straightly to Yuna, the birthday girl and excused her from entertaining other guests. We may not have prepared any gifts but... Aren't 'We' the gifts already?

After some chitchats, Yuna informed me that her parents was waiting for me therefore, I looked for them and had a little talk.

Just asking how were my parents, studies, life and all. Ofcourse I answered them politely even though the questions were all the same everytime we'll meet.

Coming back to my friends sitting on the corner sofas, we watched how the Choi siblings entered the hall like in a premiere night, walking on a red carpet. It's like people automatically gave way to them and walked towards Yuna.

"Happy Birthday" they greeted in unison and hug the celebrant before Yeonjun moved to have his bro moment with Soobin, while Lia, she turned and might be a little shocked to see me.

We've been classmate for a year before and met at few family business that's why we know each other but not close. And that is also the reason why I knew Yeonjun. Ever since, I never had a great feeling about him. Never liked him at least once.

"Hey, how are you?" Lia walked towards me and pulled me in a hug. Well she's not a complete stranger so I accepted it. "Didn't thought I'd see you tonight. You look great by the way"

"You too and ahm.. a cousin and buddy so I should be here" I stepped back as I spoke. "Oh here's our friends Soobin as you know, Yeon's team mate and friend, then Chaeryeong and... Ye-Yeji"

I frowned when I saw her behind chaeryeong with those expressions that I couldn't really read so I shrug it off.

Then they said their hi's and hello's before Lia held my wrist to take a sit beside her. Though I'd like to return to my original seat which was beside Yeji, maybe I couldn't because Yeonjun already took my spot and greeted mine-- my friends.