Prologue.

Trigger Warning; This Story will consist of rape and other mentions of abuse. Readers' discretion is advised.

"This is why I didn't want you to know..."

"Why? You are scared of him, aren't you?..."

Shyra couldn't look Samir in the eye when he said that.

"It is true. Why Shyra? You have all the evidence against him. You should be happy that..."

"Then what? Sam, you and I both know that his parents would never believe me. Because they think their son is a saint even if he confessed the crime and yet they have done nothing to help me and so I ran because I needed to get away and never be found. But I had to come back to take my father's company back as it was time. But that's it," Shyra tells him with tears forming in her eyes.

"I am here for you, Shyra. We can fight against him and his family. You are no longer alone. I want nothing in return except to see your smile again. The real smile that you had before and not this fake one that you give to people who don't know you," Samir tells her, shocking her. "But that won't happen, right? Because of him," he added.

She didn't know what to say about it. Shyra has had to fake her emotions ever since she left her aunt and uncle's place almost 5 years ago.

"Because of Imran? Sam, why would you think that when I am not the same girl I was and why would you help me? Even if I have the evidence, you aren't a lawyer, Sam..."

"Leave that to me. I know who to contact about that. And don't worry she is someone I can trust with anything in my life. Plus she is dying to meet you ever since I told her that I found you," Samir tells her.

"I don't want to be a burden to anyone and I think it's time to end..."

"Don't ever say that. You have people who love, care, and are worried about you. There's Saira, Iman, Azaan and me, and even Imran. When you left without a word I was beyond sad and I didn't know what happened to you. That's why I had to look for you everywhere that I could think of. Alhamdullilah I found you at that conference. But why did you leave without telling anyone?" he asked her, needing the answer to that question that was dying in his mind. "I know that now I might not be as important as he is but I need to know because you are important to me," he added, surprising her.

Shyra didn't know what to tell Samir about who Imran was to her.

Her savior.

Her friend.

She doesn't know who he is to her, except that he is someone who saved her many times when she needed saving even if it was from herself.

"I had to leave because I wouldn't have survived in that place if I didn't. He was intoxicated and in his right mind when he..."

"Brutally raped you. You need to stop being afraid of him, Shyra. You are stronger than that now that you have me, and your other friends and family including Azaan's parents who are worried about you. I became a private investigator just to look for you. Because I knew that I would find you no matter where you were. You are important to me Shyra," he interrupted her, remembering the conversation he overheard when Shyra was telling her friends.

"Rape isn't something to be taken lightly, Samir. Most of my father's company investors would back out when they come to know about me. I can't let my parent's hard work go to waste..."

"And I can't let you suffer, Shyra. I can't let him get away with what he did to you. He needs to pay along with his parents too..."

"What do you mean by that?" Shyra asks him confused because her parents died in a car accident.

The same accident was maybe caused by her aunt and uncle. Because of their greed, envy, and pride in the wealth that Shyra's parents had.