Chapter Forty-Eight

Happy 21st Birthday Shyra!!

Alhamdulilah, my parents got their justice but why do I feel like something is missing or someone? I have made the decision, and why can't I be happy about it? Ya Allah, guide me to the decision that is right for me and will do me good.

Shyra sat on her prayer mat trying to see if the decision she was about to make was good when a door opened indicating that someone was inside the room with her.

She finished her prayers when Ayra walked in front of her with a huge smile on her face while holding the cat in her arms.

"Asalam Aleikum and happy birthday Shyra," Ayra tells Shyra with a huge smile on her face. "I missed you so much and now I have come to visit you plus Papa and Nana are downstairs, they came with me," she added hugging Shyra after putting the cat down.

Shyra hugged the little girl with tears threatening to come out but she held them back as she didn't want Ayra to start asking questions.

"I missed you so much too, Ayra. Tell me how's everything?"

Ayra told her about everything that happened to her since the time she left the town and until the moment that she was in front of her.

"I don't want to go back without you, Shyra. I want to stay here with you..."

"Ayra, you know that isn't possible especially when I am just your father's friend..."

"But I want you to be more than that, Shyra. I am not going to pressure you into doing what you dont want. Here, in front of my daughter, I want to tell you something and that is I have fallen in love with you, Shyra and I want to marry you that if you will accept me?" Imran asks nervously. He knew she had other plans and might not include him, but he didn't want to give up.

Shyra did not know what to say especially when she looked at Ayra who had a look that she didn't want to break her heart.

"I...I..."

"Take your time, Shyra. Take as long as you need to, we will always be here no matter what," Imran tells her while smiling at her. "But now, let's just celebrate your birthday and the lawyer will be here in the afternoon," he added leaving the room.

"Ayra..."

Shyra wanted to tell her something but all the little girl did was just hug her and kiss her on the forehead.

"We will wait for you downstairs. Come on, Shadow," she says while picking up the cat and leaving Shyra with her thoughts.

Why does it feel like my heart is breaking because of the decision that I have made? Why do I feel like I am leaving my family? I dont want to hurt, Ayra. I love her so much. I grew to love her just like a mother who loves her child. Ya, Allah!!!

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes, but Shyra knew that maybe just maybe she needed to re-think her decision and consider many things.

Like Ayra getting hurt and hurting herself in the process.

Shyra took a deep breath before putting everything in place and then walked out of her room to get to the living room downstairs.

She smiled fakely and walked inside the living room to find Uncle Aayan and Aunt Hayat plus Iman, her husband and their son Zayd, and Azaan, his wife, and their daughter Zainab.

On the other side, there are the other girls plus Armaan who clung to her mother because she knew no one there.

"Its great to see you again, Shyra. You look great ma shaa Allah," Dania says while hugging her."How are you doing?" She added by asking her.

Shyra had missed the hugs that always felt like home to her.

"Alhamdulilah, I am good and you? How's Dr. Yahya?" Shyra asks while looking for the doctor.

"I am here, Shyra. I am good alhamdulilah," Dr. Yahya tells her as he emerges from the kitchen holding a birthday cake in his hands. "We will celebrate your birthday and then talk about other things, Okay?" He added placing the cake on the table.

"Thank you so much for being here and for being my rock. For being my family and especially you Habibty Ayra. Thank you," Shyra says thanking them.

Imran then handed her the knife to cut the cake which she did and Aunt Hayat plus Dania started to distribute it.

Shyra looked around to find everyone smiling and they looked happy.

When she saw Imran who was talking to Azaan as soon as their eyes met. She knows that the decision she was about to make would be a bad one especially when she knows who her heart wants.

But she didn't want to deprive him of the life he could have with someone more beautiful and worthy of him.

I don't know what to do especially when now I need to think about...

"Hey, would please come with me?" Hayat asks her while leading Shyra inside the kitchen. "What's wrong?" She asks her.

"I...I am..."

"I understand Shyra but you don't need to think about whatever decision you want to make. All you need is to think of now. Inside that room, are people who love you and would do anything for you. And as for your future, you will know what to choose when the time comes. Making such decisions you will need to pray and then you will get your answer," Aunt Hayat says to her. "My advice to you is to pray and you will get the answer even if it is right in front of you," she added looking at Imran who was just walking inside the kitchen.

Hayat then stood up leaving the two of them in the kitchen but she left the door open to keep an eye on them.

"Thank you for the cake..."

"Shyra, you don't have to feel awkward around me because of what I feel for you," Imran says trying to ease the tension. "I love you Shyra. Not because of what I have been helping you with. I love you because you have courage, you are amazing, you are unique and most importantly your heart is pure," he added smiling.

"How can you say all of that when you know that I am..."

"You are what? Unworthy? Those mean nothing to me, because what I saw in you, isn't seen on your face, Shyra but your soul. I saw your soul that needed to be reminded how pure you are," Imran says interrupting her. "You have a pure soul and heart," he added smiling.

Shyra was shocked to hear those words from Imran.

Is this the answer to my Duas? I don't know what to do to Allah. Give me a sign, please.

"How did you come up with that? All I know is that you deserve someone who doesn't have baggage like me," Shyra tries to tell Imran who just shook his head at her.

"I want you, I don't want anyone else but you, Shyra. But I am not someone to force you to make a choice. You deserve to be happy with or even without me," he answers her with a smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Samir watched what Imran was saying to Shyra. In his heart, he felt that he wasn't worthy of her but Imran was.

Let her choose who is right for her. Even if it isn't me. I love her but she needs to make that decision and I will respect it no matter who she chooses.