Chapter Twenty-six

"Is everything alright, Saira?"

Shyra was worried about her friend but she also knew that Saira needed some space before telling what happened before she left their hometown.

After they arrived at the apartment building, Imran helped Saira with her luggage which wasn't much as it seemed she had packed in a hurry.

"The landlord already gave me the keys and it is ready for you to move in," Shyra tells her friend trying to cheer her up. "Ayra helped decorate it, right?" she added trying to involve the little girl to get Saira's reaction.

"That's amazing, I can't wait to see it..."

"Why dont you tell her what you did for her at the apartment, Ayra?" Imran says looking at Shyra who smiles at him.

"Okay, let's go ahead," Ayra says taking Saira's hands and dragging her to the elevator.

"Thank you for doing that. I have no idea what happened to her. She is the life of the group and she usually cheers us up and not the other way around," Shyra explains as they both watch how Ayra starts to make Saira laugh and smile.

They watched until the elevator door closed.

"You dont need to thank me. I understand how important your friends are to you and you want them to be happy. But everyone has their own story to tell," Imran explained as they walked to the elevator waiting for the door to open." And when she ready to tell you, then she will tell you. But for now, you just need to make her happy," he added smiling.

"Okay and how did you know that the person to cheer her up was Ayra?" Shyra asks him out of curiosity.

"Because she would cheer me up whenever I felt down," he explained to her. "When it's her mother's birthday, or when I remembered my past," He added as they walked inside the elevator.

"She is lucky to have you in her life. You became her father..."

"My parents wanted her to live with them but I couldn't let her go the moment I held her in my arms. I knew that I had to protect her from the cruel world and from people like her father," Imran explained to her. "My sister and I were very close growing up even though she was older than me. She would help with my homework and protect me. I want to do the same for Ayra," he added smiling.

"Sometimes things work out the way Allah has planned and not the way we planned," Shyra tells him. " My Aunt Hayat always told us those words," she added making Imran understand what she meant.

"She seems like a wise woman ma shaa Allah. One day I would love to meet her in shaa Allah," Imran says surprising Shyra.

The elevator stopped at their floor, and they got out and headed to the new apartment. As Shyra had given Saira the keys when she left with Ayra.

As they approached it, they could hear laughter from inside, they both looked at each other smiling. They knew that the right person to cheer up Saira was Ayra.

"Do you think that Dad will marry Shyra?" Ayra asks Saira making both Shyra and her father look at each other in shock.

"What do you mean by that Ayra?" Saira asks the little girl.

"Because I want him to be happy and he is when she is around. That is why I want her to always with us," Ayra explained.

It was quiet for a while and then Saira spoke up and said; " Have you told your father about this or even asked him how he feels about Shyta?" Saira asks Ayra.

"I dont want him to think that I want Shyra to be my Mamma just because he is sad. I want her as my Mamma because of the way she makes me feel and the way she treats us. I love her as she loves me," Ayra explained to her.