Chapter Thirty-Four.

Home Sweet Home.

It took them almost three hours and a half to reach Shyra's house and hometown. Shyra was the one driving as she knew the town more than Imran did.

She looked at the review mirror to find Ayra sleeping while Imran was trying to keep his eyes open.

"We will be there in less than 25 minutes, okay?" She whispers to Imran who nods and smiles at her.

"Okay, if you want I can drive..."

"But you don't know this town," Shyra tries to tell him.

"My parents lived here with my grandparents before the moved to the other town. And this is where my sister lived before she died," he tells her. This surprised her.

"No, its okay. I can stil drive besides, you and Ayra need sleep, so let me take the short-cut that I know so that we will get there is less than 20 minutes," Shyra says to him.

"Okay sure".

Shyra drove to the shortcut and arrived in less than the 20 minutes she said she would.

"We are here, let me park the car and then I will help you carry the luggage inside," Shyra says to Imran who nodded.

It wasn't late but they did have to wake up early so that they couldn't get there early to beat the traffic.

Shyra felt the memories come back to her but she needed to be strong as this is part of her journey to get what she wants in her life.

"Let me carry Ayra..."

"I will carry her, while you open the door. Then I will come and help you get the luggage," Imran says getting his sleeping daughter.

Shyra quickly opened the door to her house and let Imran go inside. She directed him where to put Ayra so she to continue to sleep.

She then walked out to the garage started removing their luggage and then placed it near the back door.

"Shyra, where are you?" Imran called out for her.

"In the garage," she answered poking her head out of the door for him to notice her.

"Wow, this house is amazing. Ma shaa Allah," Imran commented as soon he walked inside the garage.

"My dad built it as how my mother wanted it to be. This is her design." Shyra explained to him while helping him carry their luggage inside the house.

Thankfully she locked the garage door as soon as she parked the car so that it didn't attract any nosy neighbours who would go and tell her aunt.

"I guess we should head to bed and then when we get up, I will go and see Janna, is that okay with you?" Imran asks Shyra while trying to surpass his yawn.

"Yes, you are right. Let me show you the guest room," Shyra says walking up the stairs. "This way," she added leading him to the next room where he kept Ayra.

"Thank you and sleep well, and wake me up when you are ready..."

"Imran, you need sleep. Go before you fall asleep on the door," Shyra says interrupting him. She opened the door and told him to go inside. "Sleep well," she added smiling.

Imran closed the door and headed to bed to sleep.

Meanwhile, Shyra walked towards her parents' room and stood at the door with tears threatening to fall. All she thought was that when this day came, Shyra would be happy to have come home but all she felt was everything that she had kept inside her.

Shyra opened the door and felt all the emotions that she hid inside to come out in the form of tears. The room looked the same as it was the day she left it. She sat on the bed, took one of the pillows, and smelt it realizing that the same perfume that her mother used was she was alive. It was her favorite scent that her father had given her mother as their wedding anniversary gift. Shyra has always hoped to find someone who loved her like her father did her mother.

But that's all a dream now...

"Shyra..."

A voice called out to her. Shyra looked at the door to find Ayra standing there rubbing her eyes.

"Come in, what's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" Shyra asks her as Ayra approaches her.

Ayra shook her head and moved closer to Shyra.

"Why are you crying?" Ayra asks while putting her hands on Shyra's face wiping the fallen tears. "Are you thinking about your parents?" She added asking.

"Yes, I miss them..."

Ayra hugged her without caring about anything except trying to calm Shyra down.

"You have me, Dad, Nana, and Papa. I know that your parents will never be replaced," Ayra says trying to make Syra smile.

"Thats true and thank you, Ayra. Now, it is time to head to bed..."

"Can I sleep with you here?" Ayra asks her. Shyra nodded and let her sleep beside her.

As Imran was about to fall asleep, he heard the cries of Shyra and then quietness. He got up and walked toward the room and saw Ayra hugging Shyra.

He smiled knowing that his daughter would do anything for Shyra even just to make her smile. He then walked back to the room to get some sleep.

Alhamdullilah, for Ayra. She will be there to calm and help Shyra in whatever will be bothering her. But when it is time for us to get to court, Shyra would need her friends and maybe even Samir but Allah knows best.