Chapter Thirty-eight

Shyra's Trigger By Seeing Him.

Shyra, Ayra, and Imran were heading to the supermarket to buy a few things they needed to prepare for dinner.

"Ayra, we can always get the cookies that you want. And they arent for breakfast, they are just for a snack time," her father tries to explain to her but all the girl does is smile at him.

"But Dad, cookies are a must, right Shyra?" Ayra tells her father while looking at Shyra with a grin.

"She is right. Cookies are the best and it doesnt matter if they are eaten..."

Shyra couldn't even finish what she was saying when she heard the voice that haunted her for the past three years.

"Shyra!!!"

Imran immediately noticed the change in Shyra's attitude when she saw the guy approaching them. She turned pale at the sight of that person.

Imran slowly moved closer to Shyra while holding Ayra's hand.

He immediately knew who this person was the one who hurt Shyra.

"Shyra, long time. Where have you been?" he tried to make a conversation, but Shyra held Imran's hand with everything in her.

She was looking everywhere but not in front of her where that person was.

"Shyra, its me. Your favorite cousin..."

"We need to go, excuse us," Imran says pushing him away and still holding both Ayra and Shyra.

All Imran cared about was getting Shyra and his daughter out of there. He didn't care about the groceries that they had picked out.

Imran left everything in the trolley and just walked out of the supermarket and headed to the car.

He looked at Shyra who had tears in her eyes and was still shaking because of him.

"Ayra, get inside the car." Imran tells his daughter who complied and got into the car without any questions.

Then Imran turned to face Shyra, and then he put his hands on her face trying to calm her down by wiping the tears that were on her face.

"Hey, he won't hurt you. I promise you. You are safe with me. Shyra, look at me," Imran says making her look at him with tears in her eyes. "You are safe, he will NEVER hurt you. And this is my promise to you, Shyra," he added hugging her even though it was wrong.

Shyra couldn't hold it in any longer and started crying while being held by Imran.

Why do I feel calm when I am with you? Ya Allah, help me with my heart because I am confused about my feelings.

From afar Amir watched her being hugged by Imran. This made his blood boil because he wanted it to be him who hugged her and not him.

She was supposed to be mine. After everything that I did to her, she still got away from me. I blame no one but my parents because they told me it was better to stay away from her. Yes, I was intoxicated but I knew exactly what I was doing to her. She was mine the moment she had walked into that house and my parents promised me that I would have her one way or another. I did what I needed to do to keep her with me but as always she took it the wrong way and now she is married to that person and with a kid when that should have been me. I will still have her no matter what and no one will be able to stop me from getting her to be mine.

Imran noticed the gaze of that person, he needed to get her out of there before it turned into a full panic mode. He will also need to call his father to have a session with Shyra. But this needed to happen so that she could be stronger but he also knew that what had happened to her wasn't something to be taken lightly.

Imran, Janna, and Shyra have decided to press charges against him about what he did to her. Alhamdulilah, she had enough evidence to put him away for good and hopefully, there won't be a trial. But there will be a trial for the other things his parents would need to pay for.

The only one who knows about what happened to Shyra's parents except for the people who hurt them and Samir has been trying to investigate it.

Imran asked Shyra to get into the car and drove off intending to just order food from her favorite restaurant. Meanwhile, Ayra knew that something was up but she didnt dare ask Shyra she gave her, the support she needed.

To Ayra, Shyra was more than her friend, she was just like her mother and wanted her to be safe always.

Ya, Allah, I hope and pray that whatever Shyra is going through, you ease her pain. Ya Allah, protect her and my father from any bad things or even bad people that are trying to harm them. Ameen.