Chapter Eight.

Nightmares That Would Never Go Away {Part one}

Nightmares can be caused by someone or something but they are always going to teach us something to never forget and that is don't put your trust in someone who will end up breaking it without caring about what happens to you.

Each time Shyra tries to avoid Imran, he doesn't let that happen. This was starting to irritate her especially when Shyra couldn't stand being near him or any guy in class but she had to endure it because of how the university works for the students.

"Could you just stop trying to be my friend?" Shyra asks Imran who wasn't even fazed at what she was asking him. "Never mind, I will just change seats with someone else," she added trying to get up from her chair but stopped when she saw the professor walking into the class.

Imran couldn't help but shake his head and he knew this wouldn't be the first nor the last time that Shyra would try this again. Especially when Shyra was determined to never get close to him even after classes had ended and Imran needed to know why she was behaving like someone who was being abused by someone.

Imran wasn't someone to just stay down whenever he saw something like this happening to good people who don't deserve to but are abused by monsters who will pretend to be friends or even family members.

Shyra couldn't get the thought that she needed to get away from Imran before he turned out to be the same.

She trusted him when he broke it and also broke her. But now she has to be cautious of who she gives her trust to even if it is a classmate or anyone she meets outside of her apartment and school.

After the last class of the day, Shyra decided to get some coffee and cinnamon buns at her favorite cafe for her dinner as she wasn't in the mood to make anything.

Shyra walked to the cafe as it was two blocks away from where she lived. It was a good exercise for her especially when she needed to stop thinking about how things are at home.

She walked inside and was greeted by one of the waitresses Lina as she had become a regular at the cafe ever since she came into town.

"Hey Shyra, the usual?" Lina asks with a smile on her face.

"Yes, please, and thank you," Shyra answered her while returning the same smile. "But could you pack them to go, I am too lazy to cook," she added making Lina giggle.

"Fine, I will do. You do deserve a timeout once in a while," Lina says to Shyra.

She then leaves to go to get Shyra's order ready for her. But Shyra couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen or would happen.

It was the same feeling she had when that fateful night happened at her aunt's house.

But Shyra decided to think positive thoughts to get the negativity out of her. And she started praying for some Duas that her parents had taught her in her time of need.

After five minutes, Lina comes back with Shyra's order. She pays and thanks Lina.

Shyra then walks out of the cafe and starts walking in the direction of where her apartment is located when she hears a voice behind her.

"Hey there, what are you doing out so late?"

Shyra didn't dare turn her face back to see who it was, she started walking faster while the person behind her started matching her steps.

Ya Allah, please send someone to save me this time. Help me ya Allah.

Shyra prayed as she ran as fast as she could but tripped on a stone making her fall on the ground.