Prologue

(This is so bad that I almost recommend you to skip it)

Document 1.

Doctor Bishop here. Although this is only my first day here at the Hatchery facility, people say you should make a diary for your everyday life, so here I am. As someone new here, I do find some of the procedures here a bit strange, but maybe it's just because I'm not used to it yet.

I'm also not used to this world I was popped into, and I do wish I hadn't. Before I had been born, this world was in shambles after the World War of 2043, and nobody was able to find a solution. That was until the Benno Corporation suddenly rose to power, not as any position in any government, but as the Leader of the World. They gave the people hope and offered bizarre solutions to issues that no one had ever thought of. That was until the repercussions of the weapons of mass destruction were brought upon the entirety of the human race. Blasted things are why I'm even here working my ass off. The radiation that spread across the Earth had made it impossible for most, if not all, females to give birth to healthy children. Coupled with this, the C.E.O suddenly up and left not even 2 months after this had happened, leaving his son behind to deal with his ticking time bomb.

Although, along with the bomb, he left a way to defuse it. He came up with a way to create artificial human beings with science, creating the Hatchery. I have to admit, it's almost like those AI theories we had decades ago. Kind of scary when you think about it.

Anyway, the gist of my work is to deliver these Artificials to our unfortunate world. Along with the creation of Artificials, there are undeniable classes among them. Due to the Hatchery not being a perfect machine, we know that there are 4 classes that they grow into. There's the Zeta class, born abnormally strong, smart, and charismatic—and if you see a C.E.O walking down the street, it's probably a Zeta. Lambda is the second class, they're like Zetas except they're worse, they may be very smart, but in exchange, they're usually weak, and vice versa. Theta is the third class (me!) which is neither bad nor good, we're decent I suppose. Finally, Omega, the worst class of all, are Artificials that are barely capable of keeping up with Elementary mathematics. Worst of all, they can barely process emotions.

Naturally, Omega have no soul.

Oh, wait I forgot about the soul part! Everyone's got their own theory, but I think mine makes the most sense! The soul inside of a human being often reflects the emotions and desires one is born with, or develops strongly over their younger years. This isn't scientific in the least and must be a sort of gift from a "God".

...Clearly, I didn't think this through, this wasn't a freaking diary entry, this was more like a prologue to a really cool story...

Now for the actual diary entry.

Today was not only my first day but the strangest day the Hatchery had seen apparently. I don't know what happens to the children after they're delivered, but there was one special Omega that I delivered today that was sent to a different sector than the one I usually see Omega taken to. I do wonder what happened to him...