Chapter 9 - The Concealed Injustice

"Thank you for shopping at Checkmart, would you like a receipt?" The cashier proposed.

"Nah, thanks," Enjo replied as he grabbed the bags from her hand.

Enjō's phone vibrated in his pocket.

Enjō reached for his phone unsuccessfully," Ah shoot, can you get that for me, Omega?"

Omega picks Enjō's phone out of his pocket and opened it.

"It's Uyama," Omega yawned," Should I read it out?"

"There a question mark at the start?" Enjō walked out the front door alongside Omega.

"Yeah, it's a bit weird."

"Alright, read it out but be a bit quiet with it."

"Okay..." Omega yawned again,"... Don't come to apartment building yet, not even outside, gotta deal with something r-"

Omega paused," R n? Rn? Like an urn? What?" He scratched his head.

Enjō bursted into laughter," It means right now, bro. It's an analogy."

Omega rolled his eyes and turned the phone off," Anyway, he said that we should just stay out for a bit, but he never said how long."

"Well..." Enjō thought for a moment,"... We don't have any perishables, so I think there is someplace I'd like to go."

Enjō leaned against the wall and put the bags down," Remember yesterday? When we were listening to Spade Mask in the car?"

"Yeah, sure I do," Omega mumbled as he leaned against the wall beside him.

"They're having a concert over by Knox later tonight. We were gonna surprise you, but it looks like we won't have time now."

"Are you sure we even have time for that?"

"Even if we don't we can just leave whenever we want! Plus, its the start of their world tour, we can't miss it!" Enjō sat back up and took his phone from Omega's hand.

After looking at his phone for a while, he demanded," Cmon, let's go!"

Back at Uyama's apartment, the invisible man slowly started to reveal his face.

His skin looked dry, and his sly eyes stared deep into Uyama's. As the rest of his crawling body was revealed, he creepily got down from the wall.

"So then," The man slowly stood up," What do you want me to say, "Man of Truth"?"

"That's more of a question for these two don't you think? They're working undercover for Machida." Uyama lowered his pistol.

Although the two men were still shocked, one of them coughed.

"Well, we have a few questions for you, I suppose."

"Okay? Out with it then." The man side-eyed the undercover agent.

"Oh, okay," The agent paused for a moment," What are your intentions?"

The man leaned against the wall, "Isn't that obvious? Seeing as you found me, there's no way you don't know."

Uyama clicked his tongue," I don't think that's what he meant."

The man rolled his dark, bagged eyes," Fine then. I used to be stationed as the leader of the P.C base in the parking garage near the old Knox Stadium. When "Machida" entered our base and I spilled his blood, they decided I wasn't enough. Now I'm here." His tone of voice started getting aggressive.

"Sounds like you're a bit upset. You're not here to release that are you?" Uyama furrowed his eyebrow.

"No, as you probably already know, I'm here to investigate. But it seems there's no need for that anymore."

The man bent down and touched the floor. In the blink of Uyama's eye, he started to run and became invisible.

Uyama quickly raised his pistol," I can still see you, dumbass! Don't try anything!"

The agents gasped as they looked down. Uyama's eyes snapped to the ground.

"What the hell..." Uyama loosened the grip on his pistol," The floor is-"

The invisible man snatched the pistol out of his hand.

"Shit!" Uyama scanned the room again in search of him.

He has the gun, and he made the floor invisible, what the hell is going on!?  He thought.

"Now who's in control of the situation?" The man's voice rang out throughout the room," Even if you can see me, I have your gun now."

Uyama bit his lip as the invisible man started laughing.

"Oh, I love when people underestimate me."

As he settled down, Uyama finally caught sight of him.

"Now, it's my turn to ask the questions." He slyly grinned.

Near the Knox Stadium, Enjo and Omega were making their way to the gathering at the Stadium.

Omega was easily distracted by the people around him, and he looked around, catching a glimpse of something that caught his eye.

He slowed to a stop as his eyes were lasered towards the abandoned parking garage.

What is... He thought as he looked closer at the entrance, Is that me?

It was a boy that looked exactly like him, but something was off.

Omega's eyes froze open as he witnessed this lookalike eating something while squatting. The person noticed Omega's cold eyes staring at him and turned around to reveal a mysterious face. The person's mouth was mangled in multiple ways, their eyes were soulless and dark. Blood was dripping down it's face as it revealed what it was eating.

"En-" Omega began to shake and covered his mouth,"Enjō?"

"Yeah? What's up?"

Omega's eyes snapped away from the garage and towards Enjō. For a moment, he didn't say anything.

"Nothing," Omega grit his teeth behind his lips to stop his shaking," It was nothing."

Enjō shrugged and kept moving down the sidewalk. Omega eyes wanted to go back to the parking garage, but his body wouldn't let him. He regained his composure and caught up to Enjō.

When the concert's showtime began, the crowd was full and the lights on the stage lit up in cool purple.

The crowd screamed as 4 figures came out of the shadows, and into the cool light.

"There he is! It's Spade Mask, man!" Enjō hit Omega on the back, causing him to jut forward.

The man in the mask took center stage with his lustrous bass guitar.

"Good evenin', Shacia! How are ya'll feelin' tonight!?" Spade Mask waved at the crowd as the rest of the band settled down with their instruments.

As the performance began, Spade Mask sang and played the guitar, while the drums mixed perfectly with the piano and saxophone.

The loud feeling in Omega's gut from the speakers blasting the music felt riveting, he felt as if the sounds were going through his bones.

His bones pushed his body like he was being controlled by the music, like he was at its mercy. He started to tap his foot to the beat of the drums and caught Enjō's attention.

"Yo! You're getting it, man!" Enjō threw his shoulder around Omega.

Before he knew it, a smile formed on his face and he let the music take him over.

Omega thought to himself, This happiness feels different, it feels so energetic.

So this is music.