Chapter 33 - Yonai

What do I want to do. I don't get it. I mean, I don't even know myself. Who I am now might not be me when I get my real feelings back. What if it doesn't matter what I want to do? Omega stared down at his shoes and shook his head, No, that's not what he wants me to think about... 

What do I want to do right now? Well I want to get my feelings back, but what does that really mean? It's not something I can just do, and does it really require me to do this whole "coup d'état" thing? Do I not need to be here? Do I... do they..?

"Ay, Omega. You're fading out man." Enjō rubbed his shoulder. "The trains comin'." Omega looked back, Oh, I forgot.

"Count your hours, kids. If those three don't come out with that thing in cuffs, it's up to us to beat it down. And by us, I mean you two."

"Nuh-uh, you are not gonna chicken out like that!"

Omega zoned out again, looking past Enjō and Uyama and into the subway crowd.

It's really easy to tell how many Artificials are here. They always wear long sleeves hoodies, but ironically, also thin shorts. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Omega stopped counting when he saw one of the Artificial's face. Her eyes darted in all directions, she constantly pulled her hoodie further over her head, even though it wouldn't go any further. He looked around at another one's face. His face looked pale and numb. The hood of his jacket was loose over his head, revealing red lashes around his neck. He must be tired, maybe trying to run away. Will I end up like that?

Omega saw the young Artificial wince in pain as he stood against the wall.

Should I help them? No, I can't. There's no way I can. What can I do? I'm just a-

Omega felt his arm get snatched as he returned to the real world. Loud sounds, beeps, rails, clanking shoes— his ears felt assaulted as they adjusted.

"The train's here. Get ready guys." Uyama warned.

The train slowed down to a stop, and it felt as if time slowed down when the doors opened. The "thing"floated past the crowd of people surging out. Immediately, Enjō's heat flared beside Omega.

"They aren't coming out." Uyama turned to the exit, "We'll have to catch them at the next station, in whatever condition they'll be."

"We can still get to the train from here. If we beat it fast, we can get to them in time." Enjō's eyes narrowed as the "thing" floated through the crowd.

"Enjō, we can't get the people involved in this-" Uyama turned back to Omega.

"He's already gone." Omega pointed to Enjō, running through the people as he threw his coat back.
"Urgh, that idiot!" Uyama's nostrils flared. He glanced back at Omega, then back at the thing. "C'mon!"

Uyama grabbed Omega again and ran off to follow Enjō.

Enjō rubbed his arms vigorously against the palms of his hands before scraping them off, releasing sparks and dark flames from his palm. He rushed the thing and grabbed it with one arm, swinging his other to connect in its face. As the thing was knocked back, its cloak scattered as it tried to pat the flames away from its face.
As Enjō went for another flaming punch, Omega reached his hand over to the wall, squeezing his palm hard. A piece of it crushed itself down to a spear, Omega flung it at the thing's head, piercing it straight through.

"Since when could you do that?!" Uyama yelled as they ran through the crowd, the people grunting as they were pushed out of the way.
"I've been practicing on my own time." Omega answered as he picked up his pace.