Chapter 44 - What is. . . Happening?

The lobby was silent. Steele's stare gave pressure to the whole room, an almost gravitational pressure. Uyama clenched his teeth behind his closed lips. Steele hadn't even recognized Kuro's presence, his eyes only laid on Uyama.

"Let's try this again." He slowly brought his hand out towards them, "Uncle, would you be interested in a bargain?" His face stayed the same, ever since he showed himself.

"I'm not your uncle." Uyama let go of his teeth, letting out a growl.

"Back." Kuro pushed Uyama further back.

"You don't seem to understand the situation." Steele pressed his thumb against his left hand, then it stretched out across the lobby like gum, until it reached the sullied curtains. He pulled the curtains, ripping them apart.

It's gone? No, it's just pitch black, part of the pavement is still there, but... Uyama thought as he turned back to Steele, I knew something was going to happen, I should be ready for this. I should be ready—

"I thought you only manipulated others, but not even the flesh, soul, and mind of someone are beyond you." Kuro's voice sounded more agitating itself.

Steele's hand snaked back to him, passing Uyama and Kuro creepily. He rolled his hand around, causing a few cracks. "Evidently." Steele muttered as his hand quickly transformed into a sickle. He finally acknowledged Kuro's presence.

Kuro's eyes narrowed as he looked around, "Where is everyone?"

"Dead or oblivious to their current situation. When did you start caring for others, Chameleon?"

His brows furrowed, "I'm not a Chameleon."

"Kuro, wait!" Uyama yelled just as he took off, running after Steele across the lobby. Steele readied himself as Kuro's hand stretched out, like a snake striking its prey, and squeezed his neck in an instant. Before Steele's sickle could slice it, he was thrown across the room, crashing into the wall. Agnostic theism

"Shit..." Uyama grimaced and drew a gun out of his hidden holster, shooting into the dust from the debris.

"Uyama!" Kuro yelled to him from afar. Uyama could hear metal scraping behind him.
"You really are deadweight, Uncle." A breeze passed by Uyama's neck. He grabbed Steele's arm, stopping the blade.
"Now!"

Kuro's hand stretched out again as his nails grew, piercing through Steele's neck. He stumbled back, his sickle arm de-morphed to hold his neck.

"There's no escaping here, you know." Steele groaned, "Even in attrition, there's no way you'll beat me."

"How are you not in pain?!" Uyama backed away from Steele.

"Painkillers," He let go of his neck and began transforming into a larger version of him, his head nearly touching the ceiling.

"Shit!" Uyama stepped back as Steele readied himself to charge at Kuro. Flying across the room, he crashed into Kuro, sending him through the wall from his punch. From the dust, Steele, in his normal form, got up and dusted himself off, then walked through the devastated wall. Kuro was laid against an office wall, covered in dust.

"Hmph, these must be sheetrock walls." Steele walked towards Kuro's limp body, "The interior design of these buildings need modification, I'll tell Dawa about that later." He leaned down and grabbed Kuro by his dusty hair, then pummeled his face with his bare hands repeatedly. Then, his hand turned back into a sickle. The air was cut right at Kuro's neck, but Steele stopped, his eyes glowing green.