Chapter 15 - New Allies, New Mysteries

Uyama, Enjō, Omega, and Kuro went to the backside of the building where Machida's office was.

"Uh..." Enjō looked around the building, seeing no way in,"...How the hell are we getting in?"

Uyama looked up at a higher floor of the building's walls. He squinted and waved at it. Suddenly the wall collapsed down, revealing the inside of Machida's office.

"Ooh, how cool." Kuro murmured on the ground as a figure appeared in the room. A panel extended from the side of the building below the office and lowered down to the floor.

"Alright, hop on, it's just an elevator," Uyama led the way onto the elevator, and it rose up.

"I've never been on anything like this before," Enjō said in wonder.

Omega remained silent, worried by the person they were about to meet. Uyama grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him behind his back.

"Keep quiet until I introduce you, I don't know how he'd react. You are sort of wanted, so be ready to defend yourself."

The elevator stopped and everyone stepped into the office.

Machida was in his chair, facing the usually closed wall. Looks like he's got things pretty handled, but he couldn't have stopped him alone could he? He thought as he looked at Enjō and the person behind Uyama.

Machida cleared his throat and stood up from his chair. "I apologize for our earlier interaction, it's clear to me that I wasn't in my right mind," He walked up and shook Uyama's hand, who's face was still as serious as when they arrived. "So what is it that you wanted to discuss with this..." Machida looked down at Kuro, who was looking away at something.

Uyama stared at Machida straight in the eyes,"What's your goal right now, General Machida?"

Machida's eyes widened for a second as he realized that this was no comical matter. "Oh. Uyama, you wanted to talk about something concerning the invisible man, but there's something else isn't there?"

"I need you to tell me first."

"...Obviously, I'm the head of the investigation bureau, so I'm here to investigate. That's why I'm here."

"I need you to tell me honestly." His eye contact intensified even more.

"What else do you think I'd want from this position? Money? Power?" He laughed.

"I noticed most of the cases you associate yourself with have to do with the Benno Corporation."

Machida looked at him for a moment before turning around and sitting back down in his chair. He looked back down at Kuro, to see him still looking at something else. He turned to see what it was he was looking at, but saw nothing. Looking back towards Kuro, he saw his eyes gaze at him with a grin.

"And you think that's relevant, why, Uyama?" He finally took his attention off Kuro.

"You're plotting against Steele." Uyama said with grimace.

Machida suddenly understood who he was talking to, a man who tells truth from lies. He was delaying the inevitable. "Yes. And what of it?"

A small shriek was let out from outside the office and a loud bang was heard in the vents. Kuro fell over on his side and bellowed in laughter.

Machida sucked his teeth and silence filled the room until someone sniffled.

"So, what was that about?" Uyama became carefree and tilted his head to the side.

Machida sighed and reached for a set of buttons in his desk and pressed one. The front door of the office suddenly slammed open and Iseri fell on her back. She groaned as she held her head, and then set her eyes on the scene. Standing up almost immediately, she breathed in,"Is that true?"

Another bang came from inside the vents,"Yeah, is that true, General?!" Kitt's voice echoed through the vents.

"Kitt?! What the fu-" She stopped herself and calmed down,"Get out of there, now!" She hissed at him.

Enjō scratched his head and looked back at Omega, who was still behind Uyama's back. His lips curled into a grin as he shrugged.

Iseri grabbed Kitt by the arm and yanked him out of the vent, letting him get back up on his own. "You owe us..." Kitt sneezed as he got up,"...an explanation!"

Machida rustled his hair before speaking again,"Do you mind going elsewhere to talk about this?"

"Took you guys long enough," Kuro chuckled.

———

"Looks like there's no cameras here," Machida sat down on a park bench. "So the very first case I was in involving Benno was a case sort of similar to the Omega case just recently. This case was top secret though, unlike the Omega's. After it was resolved, I grew suspicious of the Benno Corporation so I decided to continue investigating them by involving myself with the company. It was even more strange that he needed a person from the investigative bureau."

"So, what you're saying is that you're not planning on acting against him yet?" Kitt sneezed.

"Yet? Um, I suppose."

"I knew you were doing something treacherous!" Kitt dramatically posed, then sneezed.

"Does he have allergies or something?", Uyama muttered.

"Ugh," Iseri rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Machida,"I understand why you'd be suspicious of him, I guess. But why would you keep that from us?"

"You'd be involved in a plan concerning the most powerful man alive." Machida sternly replied.

Enjō stepped forward,"Wait, what was that about some case similar to the Omega's?"

"Blocked..."Uyama uttered suddenly,"...It's blocked."

"What? What's blocked?"

"My soul works like the internet. There's a bit of content I don't have any access too. It's usually the big stuff."

Enjō's head bent down,"Well if I piece things together, looks like that case didn't turn out like Omega's."

Uyama suddenly nudged Omega away from his back, revealing him to Machida.

"Who...who is he?" Machida asked.

"He's that one Omega."

"Did-didn't you die?" Machida's eye-bags became even more apparent as his eyes widened.

"I just made a corpse that looked like me, but it decayed after a couple of days." Omega answered blankly.

Machida choked on his own words,"Wha-Wh-What?"

"It doesn't really matter. Steele knows about it now, he also knows his and Enjō's face." Uyama said.

"That's quite the disadvantage..."Iseri muttered,"So you came to General Machida to get another ally?"

Machida sighed,"If so, then sorry. We won't be able to work directly together much."

"As long as we know you're on our side," Uyama looked over to Iseri and Kitt,"Right?"

Iseri nodded awkwardly and Kitt sneezed,"Why the hell did we go to a park?!"