Chapter 3 - A Close Kept Fire

After Omega awoke, he was alone in his room not sure of what to do. As he picked up his book to return to his studies, there was a knock on the door.

"Yo, breakfast's ready."

The door opens to reveal a boy that looks around the same age as Omega dressed in a white hoodie and sweatpants.

"Do you live with him too?" Omega asked.

"Sure am, guess you're my roommate now too. Name's Enjō." He leaned on the door.

"How did you two meet?" Omega got out of his bed.

"Well, guess he popped into my life and took care of me. Now it's like he's done that for you too. We're sort of like brothers actually." Enjō grinned.

"Now come on, breakfast is ready!" Enjō shouts as he runs from the bedroom door.

Omega left his room and walked to the kitchen. The wonderful aroma of bacon and eggs secreted from the table.

"Sit down Omega, we have some stuff to discuss." Uyama announced seriously.

Omega sat down at the table and began to eat his first decent meal. He was filled with an unfamiliar warm feeling in his heart, as if the atmosphere of the apartment was medicine to his heart.

"First of all, you don't really know anything about us. Doesn't that bother you?" Uyama crossed his arms.

"No, not really, but who made this?" Omega chewed.

"My desire is to see the-" Uyama began.

"Me, is it bad?" Enjō interrupted and hurriedly inspected the food on his plate.

Uyama cleared his throat," So my desire is to see the tr-"

A strange burst of emotion came from Omega, "I think it's pretty good. This might be my first good breakfast." Omega exclaimed.

"You think?" Enjō asked and raised his eyebrow while Uyama's complexion reddened to no one's notice.

The ingredients were dirt cheap... Enjō thought with a fake smile on his face. What in the world did he eat in that facility to make him like this?"

Uyama tensed up and grunted loudly.

"What's wrong, huh?" Enjō grinned and snickered.

"Oh, you're so—you're lucky! You'd be on the floor!" Uyama pointed at Enjō with his shaking finger.

What is their problem? Omega thought as he sighed in between them. Just eat your food...

"Fine, start your first speech of the day." Enjō laid back throwing an arm over his chair.

Uyama cleared his throat,"That's because what we do is supposed to be a secret. As I was going to say, you know what my soul is, so I'll just explain what we're doing here. You actually helped us out in some way, by destroying the Hatchery, I mean. We're not really official, but there's something fishy with all of this. So, we banded together to seek a clear future for all of us!" Uyama posed valiantly, outstretching his arms.

Enjō's lips curled, "Eugh...right. Anyway, my soul lets me use a kind of fire called Hellfire, like the kind from old tales. It's hard on me, so I don't use it much."

He suddenly got serious when it came to his soul. Wouldn't that just be one of fire? Omega thought.

"And anytime you do use it your clothes burn off immediately." Uyama snickered.

Enjō tensed up and grunted embarrassingly.

"Anyway, you better get to studying, Omega." Uyama stood up and cleaned the kitchen.

Omega was about to stand up when he felt a hand on his shoulder,"I hope you feel at home here, Omega." Enjō said and left to his room.

Omega looked around him. The smell of breakfast still permeated throughout the room, and life felt more vibrant and warm.

Home... Omega thought ... So this is what it feels like.

Not long afterwards, Omega went back to studying the human anatomy.

After a couple of hours, Omega became too tired of studying.

As he went to asleep, he thought, I'm ready.

"Omega." Uyama shook him awake.

"What's going on?" Omega yawned.

Uyama shushed Omega and held up a paper showing, "THEY'RE HERE, MAKE IT NOW!"

Omega's eyes shot open and got out of bed to begin the process.

To create something from nothing, can I really do it?

Omega thought of what he wanted to create, what elements were required to fool the police department, and put those thoughts into the palm of his hand. A bulge of mass appeared from his hand and extended outwards to reveal a body resembling Omega's, except it was bloodied and bruised. A stench began lifting from the creation as it came out of his hand. As the body inanimately fell to the floor, Omega dropped on his bed in exhaustion.

"I didn't think... it would be so exhausting." Omega's words fumbled slightly.

Uyama bent down to feel the body, "Wow, it seems it worked pretty well. Even the flesh feels accurate. Omega, move inside the closet for now will you?" Uyama picked up the body and began to put it in a white plastic bag.

"What's goin' on guys?" Enjō appeared from behind the door. As he caught a glimpse of what was going on he let out a little yelp.

Uyama death stare'd Enjō and shook his head frantically. Enjō quickly covered his mouth with his hands and tip-toed away. Uyama carried the bag to the front door and opened the door. In front of him was not who he expected.

"Hello, Mr. Uyama. You have his body, correct?" A slender man dressed in a suit asked.

"Y-Yes, Mr. Steele." Uyama handed over the bag to his hands.

Steele grinned as he opened the bag to find the body of Omega.

"I didn't expect you to come here." Uyama said blankly.

"Well you were quite close to my father weren't you? I thought I'd pay you a visit. Could you imagine the surprise when I discovered you work for me?" Steele erupted in laughter.

"No. No sir."

"Anyway, I appreciate your hard work, I'll be sure to give you a good compensation." Steele walked away with a sly grin and drove off in his limousine.

The door closed and Uyama sighed. He turned around to see Enjō standing behind him.

"'Yama! Close to his father? What did he mean by that? Who was that?!" Enjō yelled.

Uyama's eyes dragged on the floor as he walked past Enjō, "We were just friends at a younger age. There's nothing to it."

"What's that supposed to mean? He works for the government, right? Were you lying to me the whole time?!" Enjō grabbed 'Yama by the shoulder and tugged at him, and Uyama turned around with grit.

"It's called being an inside agent! Plus, he doesn't really work for the government. I'll explain later.

Enjō's face scrunched up and sparks began to fly from his balled up fists.

What's happening out there? Omega thought while trying to peek through the door of the closet.

Uyama turned again and started to walk away as he groaned, "Just...just trust me."