Chapter 36 - Alcatrat

Uyama shouted as he knocked on Enjo's door, "Hey, Enjō! Where's Omega?!"

"Uyama?! Where've you been?!" Enjō shouted back without opening the door.

"The real question is why you're up at 2 A.M."

Some shuffling could be heard from inside as Enjō came to the door, "You sure you wanna see him, man?"

Uyama crossed his arms, "Why do you sound hesitant?"
Enjō opened the door slowly, "Now don't get pissed, but I may have overstimulated him."

Omega's limp body sat in on the ground, controller in his hand. His body was only illuminated by the blue light from the TV. His eyes looked blank and drool fell from his mouth.

Uyama's face contorted in shock, "What the hell...does that usually happen to people who play video games for the first time?"

"No!" Enjō whined and rubbed his face, "This is my bad..."

Uyama rolled his eyes, "Goodness, you had me thinking he died."
He pulled Enjō out of the room with him and placed him on the couch, "Anyway, the reason I've been out all day is because I went by the investigation bureau and talked with Machi. So, I got something very important to tell you. Want it now or in the morning?"

Enjō tensed up and shuffled in his seat, "Now."

Uyama sighed, "Firstly, Machida found your dad, "Glees Turner". He's in the outskirts of Remia, the other capital of Shacia. Around the time your dad disappeared, Glees Turner was in prison."
Uyama looked into Enjō's eyes—eyes that surprisingly stayed the same.
"I'm sure you wanna go save him."

Enjō looked down and clasped his hands, remaining silent.

"Do you want some time to think about it?" Uyama's voice softened.
Enjō shook his headglanced back up to him, "Nah...nah I'm good. I just—I don't know." He fiddled with his fingers.

He sat up straight and raised his voice, "I mean of course I want to, but I'm just—"
He hunched his back again, "I don't really know."

Uyama shook his head, "You're doubting yourself."

"What? No—no I'm not." Enjō looked up at Uyama, "I just—Ion know if he'll be the same..."

Uyama reached over and grabbed Enjō by the shoulders, "Enjō, you're the strongest person I know. You've gone through so much, things I can't imagine happening to me." He closed the distance between them and stared into his eyes, "Your will, wish, desire, whatever you wanna call it—what are you gonna do with that strength?"

Enjō's eyes widened and his lips curled into a frown.
"I..." Enjō looked again at Uyama's expression. His confidence in him was unwavering. Enjō felt a rush of blood pump through his body as he balled his fists.

"I wanna save him." Enjō's eyes watered, struggling not to blink while he looked into Uyama's eyes.

"Good answer." Uyama backed away from him and sighed, "Don't give up on him."
They sat there for a moment and looked at each other.
"Now, uh... best get to bed right? I'll bring him back to his room." Uyama sat up and walked back into Enjō's room, returning with Omega cradled in his arms.

"We can talk more about this tomorrow." He whispered with a smile, "Wait it's already 2 A.M, so technically just later today. Whatever." He chuckled quietly as he walked away.

Enjō's returned to his room and turned off the TV. He laid back in his bed and covered his face with his pillow.
I wanna save him, yeah. I'm kinda scared of how much things would change, though. He thinks too much of me. I need time, I guess. I gotta get busy.
Enjō smirked, Still, what a weird guy.