Chapter 40 - Two Sides to Every Coin

Enjō and Omega sat in the back of Uyama's car, while Omari sat in the passenger. Omega was quiet while Enjō and Omari caught up.

"You look a lot happier, Jojo. What happened after I was arrested, eh?" Omari looked back and smugly smiled, "You got yourself a girl, didn't ya?"

Enjō cleared his throat and looked away, "Nah, I don't need a girl."

"Mhm," Omari turned back around and laughed, "You got yourself some good friends, though. I can tell."

Enjō looked at Omega and smiled, "Yeah, thanks. They're the best."

Omari squeezed his eyes and blinked, "I'm curious though, why did those people decide to come with you to break me out? They're part of the Investigative Department, right?"
Uyama scratched his head and groaned, "There's probably things they know about you that we don't. We decided to do it because you're his dad. It's the right thing to do, ya know."

"Probably? You—probably?" Enjō smirked from behind.

"There are certain things that I don't like to know," Uyama's hands gripped the wheel.

"It might be best if it stays that way," Omari said, "We have to rest now, especially those three."

"They took the same route as us and they're still so far ahead of us," Uyama whined, "I guess getting a speeding ticket isn't necessarily important to them."

Omega was brooding silently in the back, his head raised to the roof of the car.
Lans...Lans...Who is Lans? He's thought for a while now, feeling his mind scramble, I don't get it!

A shock went through Omega's head, he put his face into his palms and combed his hair with his fingers, Ah, I don't want to get it! I don't want to think anymore! Altsaama, Steele, Ael, me—it's just too much! I can't take it anymo—

"You alright, bro?" Enjō whispered and patted Omega on the back.
Omega slowly lifted his face to turn to him, "Yeah," his vacant eyes looked away from him as he leaned back into the car seat, looking up at the roof again.

Enjō took out a piece of paper and a random pen from the bottom of the car door and wrote down on it. He showed Omega the paper, it read, "If u wanna talk in private lemme know".

Omega nodded his head weakly and took a deep breath, At least I have someone who understands me.

Later, they sat in the parking lot of the apartment under the setting sun.

"Don't you think you should cover your face, dad?" Enjō asked, "We don't want the cameras to find you.

"I don't think that really matters at this point, we were probably identified with him at the prison." Uyama groaned as he climbed out of the car.

"So we actually are on the run. This is bad."

"We still have time, Jojo. They won't act unless they have a good plan." Omari said

"And how long'd that take?" Enjō furrowed his brow.

Omari chuckled nervously, "A couple of days?"

They all went into the apartment complex until Omari grabbed Enjō from behind, "We gotta talk, yeah?"
He brought Enjō outside, further away from the complex.

Omari took a serious tone, "So, what's this?" He pointed at the scar on his neck.
Enjō stammered and covered the scar, "Shit, it's—it's nothing. I was just being stupid, I was just stupid!"

Omari grabbed his shoulder, "No, no, no, Enjō. It's fine. I understand. Your powers, they saved you."
Enjō sighed and strained his eyes as to not tear up, "Hellfire burns forever,"