Chapter 46 - Omega's Curse

The wolf glanced at Omega. "Now...I'll be taking my leave."

The wolf pattered with his steps across the debris, a tall woman appeared from behind the splintered wood.

Omega shakily moved his legs and crawled over to Uyama. The gleam in his eyes had faded. "Uyama." He shook his lifeless shoulder, moving the loose insides of his chest. Omega's whimper thinned.

"'Yama?" Enjo stumbled behind Omega, "Wha—"

Omega's head shot up, his eyes blurring with tears. His lips curled into a mess.

"Do you have the...painkillers?" The wolf stammered in his speech. The woman held out two pills for the wolf, which he scarfed down immediately.

"What's with your form?" She asked.

"That's not your concern."

Omega wiped his eyes with his bloody hand, smearing it over his face. It's her...from the garage. He bore his teeth as he yelled, "Steele!"

The wolf turned around, his face morphing back into his own, a disinterested look in his eyes.

Meeting his eyes, Omega's throat tightened, his face contorting, trying to get words out.

That look. Stop it. Stop looking at me like that. Omega felt his soul snap under the pressure, the tightness in his throat disappeared and his muscles tensed. Just as he felt a hand brush his shoulder, he screamed incoherently, dashing at Steele.

"He's fast. Move back, will you?" Steele glanced at the woman. She bowed as she disappeared from Omega's sight. Omega's body flailed through the air as he closed the distance.

"So disoriented..." Steele muttered as a spike protruded from his chest, aiming for Omega's eye. He dodged and grabbed Steele by his neck, choking him with all his strength.

Steele gurgled the spit lodged in his throat and formed more spikes that pierced Omega's hand. Omega threw him away on the debris. Raising his hands, he levitated the debris at Steele, hitting him in the snout.

Before a second pile of debris could smash into him, Steele transformed into a bird and flew into the air. Omega screamed again, veins popping out on his face. His fingers wriggled as he pulled another apartment building from the ground. It floated in place until—with a heavy swing—Omega hurtled it at Steele.

Steele chuckled nervously, "Perhaps triggering him wasn't the greatest idea." Focused on the giant building zoning in on him, he moved out of the way. He turned back to Omega when he felt a hand wring his neck. Omega held tightly and flew up to the building he tossed in the air. Brutishly, he began slamming Steele against the side of the floating building before throwing him against a window, crashing through the building.

Omega climbed in through the broken glass as the world rotated around him. With a scowl on his face, he watched as Steele got up. His arms grew out as dark tentacles again, and his body grew ogre-like.

"Ah, there it is again." He coughed as he laughed, "That glow."

———

Enjō knelt in the pool of blood, metal falling around him from the floating building.

"Shit..." Enjō rested his hands on his head as his voice cracked, "Ooh, shit..." He leaned down and felt Uyama's body. His gentle touch scrunched into a shaky fist as his breaths came out as silent screams.

"'Yama..." Machida's arms dropped to his side as he jogged to Enjō. "He was—he was in there?"

Enjō turned to Omari with a painful smile. "Dad, I... I have to—"