Chapter 38 - The Third Sky

"Damn it!" Enjō yelled as he felt sparks ignite into flame on his arms, he threw both arms out towards the man, unleashing a beam of fire into the hallway.

The man yawned, his hands transformed into volcanic rock and spewed magma, blocking the flames.

"You're still negative," The man laughed as his arms turned into streams of water, "Cmon, keep up!" A fast tide of water crashed through the hallway. Omega stepped in front of the group. This has to work, he thought.

From the palms of his hands came another giant stream of water. Now manipulate it! Omega pinched his fingers together. Increase the pressure...

The streams of water formed into a line and shot directly from his fingertip through the man's tidal wave. He grunted and clutched his side.

"He's stunned, don't let up!" Machida commanded as he transformed his arm into a pistol. Iseri pulled out her pistol and began shooting through the fiery dark smoke. After a barrage of bullets seemed to land, the smoke cleared.

"Ah, that one hurt..." The man still clutched his side with his rocky hands, cauterizing his wound with heat, "...that's better. Now you're 1-1, thank that kid." He pointed at Omega with his regular hands.

"None of the bullets pierced his skin..." Uyama explained, "...I get it!"

"What is it?!" Machida shouted as he turned his arm into an assault rifle.

"His soul takes advantage of different natural disasters, but he can only use one at a time. If we want to win, we have to overwhelm him! Iseri!" Uyama yelled, "Aim for his heart from the front!"

"Are you serious?! What's the point of me doing that if you're just going to yell it?!"

"Just do it!" Uyama pulled out his gun and started blasting all over the hallway.

The man turned the rest of his body into volcanic rock, blocking all the bullets, "Woah! We're getting feisty?! I like it!"

I think I get it! Omega thought, as he prepared to create more water from his palm, a strain came up in his nerves, It already hurts...

"Here's a big one!" Enjō's hands released another burst of flames. "Now, Iseri!"

She muttered a curse under her breath before shooting her pistol straight at his heart. "Wooooh! This is crazy! You guys're making this fun for me!" The man exclaimed. As his body took a barrage of fire and bullets, he focused on protecting his heart.

From behind the man, Omega saw a snake reveal itself on the wall. Kuro! So that's what Uyama was planning! I have to do it, now! Omega stressed his hands painfully, his veins bulging as he created another stream of pressurized water and shot it through the fire.

Another grunt came from the man past the fire and smoke. Kuro transformed back and walked up behind him. In a swift move, he knocked the man's temple with his fist. He let out a gasp as he fell to the ground, bullets dislodging from his rocky arms.

"There, it's done." Kuro sighed as he flipped the man over. Everyone was silent for a moment, until Kitt threw his hands in the air. "Woo! Yeah! We did it!"

"Yeah, sure. You helped a lot." Iseri groaned as she got up and walked towards the man.

"Hmph, good job everyone." Machida returned his hand back to normal.

Enjō sat back down, and exhaled deeply, "Sooo glad that's over. Someone help me up in like a minute or something."

"A Lambda, but looks older for an Artificial. He doesn't work here." Kuro squatted down to inspect his pants, "This doesn't make sense..."