Chapter 37 - The Best of Three

"Oh boy...it's been really boring around here." Uyama swung his feet onto the coffee table as he sighed. Enjō walked to the kitchen in a hurry with a grimace on his face.

"Maybe you wouldn't be bored if you helped do the damn chores," He mumbled.

"I told you, you don't have to clean!" Uyama threw his hands in the air and laughed, "We have service!"

Enjō scoffed at his response, as he threw dishes into the dishwasher, "Well, I think my service is much better, thank you very much."

Uyama threw his head over the couch and watched Enjō, formulating a comeback.

"Well, if you're so good, then why would you need help?" He smirked.
Enjō looked back at him and sucked his teeth, "Man, shut up..." He went back to cleaning the dishes as he spoke, "We been busy with other stuff too, training, experimenting and all that. Why aren't you doin' anything?"

Uyama turned back around and slouched down into the couch, "What part of my soul ability is trainable?"

"...Good question." Enjō finished the last plate and turned on the dishwasher before approaching him on the couch, "Guess it's too late to train anyway, we're linking with Machida tomorrow, right?"

"Yessir. Knowing him, he'll probably have us go immediately. If he even lets us go at all." Uyama picked at his teeth.

Enjō furrowed a brow, "Actually, how the hell do you know him, bro?"

"That's a story for another time, young man." Uyama turned around to look at Omega's room, "Have you seen him today? He hasn't gone out."

"I brought him breakfast in bed. And lunch in bed. Dinner in bed now. He's just been readin' all day. I gave him my phone while I was busy and now he's just looking at countless articles 'n stuff."

"The internet can be a misleading place, he must tread lightly upon its grounds." Uyama narrowed his eyes.

"Man, what..." Enjō looked down at Uyama and cringed, "Maybe...maybe I need'ta study too."
Uyama snapped his head to Enjō, who was quickly leaving the living room to go to his bedroom, he stuttered, "No—no wait—"

———

Uyama's car whirred the next morning, as they prepared to begin their mission.

Omega was deep in thought in the backseat, weighing his options, If I can control certain parts of objects telepathically, then if I were to create another husk of me like before, could I move it like a puppet?

Veins ran through his forehead as he brainstormed for a while.

But then, if I could make weapons or bombs, that might be a better option...but then again, if I learned what makes up that Batilite, that'd be really useful. Batilite shields, and since it has weakening effects, I could stab it into someone to make them easier—

"So, Omega," Uyama began, pulling out of the parking lot, "What were you doing in your room all day yesterday? Reading up?"

It took Omega a couple of seconds to realize Uyama was talking to him, "Hm? Oh, yeah. I was reading to see what else I could make with my creation ability."

Uyama put his attention back on the road, "Well I can't wait to see how much you've improved, bud."

"Oh—oh, thanks." Omega felt his body warm up again.
Such a weird feeling. I don't hate it, but something about it makes me feel—

"So then did you figure out how to make that energy blast?" Enjō imitated a blast in the front seat with a PEW!

Omega chuckled, "Not really... it's just not possible for me to do I think. It goes against the law of conservation of energy."