Chapter 14 - Wish I Could Understand

Earlier at Uyama's apartment...

"Yo, 'Yama," Enjō began as he opened the door to the apartment,"Why couldn't we come back earlier? It's already past dinner, man."

The door closed and Uyama entered the room," Sorry, had my hands tied up with something. Wanna see?"

"'Wanna see?' Now I'm curious."

Uyama motioned for Omega and Enjo to come with him to the bathroom.

As they entered the bathroom, they saw a man tied up on the floor.

"WHAT THE- WHAT THE HELL?!" Enjō yelled.

Omega groaned and Uyama  proceeded to explain the situation.

"So now, I want to get him to Machida, and use this guy as evidence so we can get him on our side. He's actually not that bad of a guy, I just need to use him for a bit." Uyama walked over to the tied up man and took the tape off his mouth,"Why don't you introduce yourself, Kuro?"

Kuro stretched his mouth from its stiff state and spoke,"Hey, you never told me how you know my name." His voice sounded even more coarse and dry than before.

"Because..." Uyama pumped his fists in the air,"...I am "The Man of Truth!""

Everyone eye'd Uyama before Kuro spoke again.

"So you're an Omega, and you're Enjō. You look every bit like brothers, don't you." He didn't sound optimistic at all.

"My name's Kuro, and considering this blubbering asshat likes to know everything about everybody, I don't need to hold anything back."

"As you might know, the government in this region isn't as powerful as it once was, but that doesn't mean it's not partly responsible for this shithole."

"Wait, so then what's Steele?" Enjō asked.

"He's basically acting leader of the world. That's why his corporation is above Shacia's government, cause he's responsible for the world's future."

Omega dived into thought, staring at the ground, How can a person like that be the same person who wanted me dead?

"But I don't care about Steele right now. My problem lies with the government. They grasp at any opportunity to get their power back. They take anyone who's possibly a threat, just like they did my own family."

Enjō flinched and forced his eyebrows together,"How? What happened to your dad?", he forced the words out of his mouth.

Uyama's expression softened and he sighed. "Your's too, huh?", Kuro said as his shady eyes stared at Enjō's.

"So what happened to him?" Kuro asked.

To Omega, it was impossible to tell what Enjō was thinking as he leaned forward.

Enjō thought, Maybe he'll actually be able to help me, he's had it happen to him before too. It's different this time...

"...I don't... I don't know."

Uyama snapped his head to Enjō, wide-eyed. Enjō quickly peeked up at Uyama, intimidated by his gaze. "It's not like that, I swear! He left a note saying that he wasn't going to see me again, that they found out! I didn't know what it meant! All I knew, was that he was writing some article about the government and one day I never saw him again!"

Omega felt his arm warm up until it started to burn. "I guess we all had our own secrets. Some bigger than others." Uyama said blankly.

Looking back up at Uyama, Enjō noticed his newly calmly serious expression. He loosened his fists.

"Did the thought that he might have been simply kidnapped ever occur to you?" Kuro stared at him still.

Enjō looked down at the bathroom tiles.

"Just playing. Either way, what you said doesn't sound like something the government would do, considering it's state right now."

"What do you mean by that?" Enjō asked.

"I'm not saying it's this way for sure, but it might've been someone else. I mean Steele."

The room grew more and more humid as Enjō seemed frozen in time. He suddenly felt Uyama's hand pat him on his shoulder. To him, it felt like he was saying,"It isn't too late."

"What's up with you though?" Kuro motioned his head toward Omega,"What's your deal? You don't wanna talk?"

Omega shook his head.

"Then if that's it, I'd like to go to sleep now. After you give me some water." Kuro complained.

Uyama walked away to get some water. "Looks like I gotta reschedule with Spade." Enjō mumbled. Uyama suddenly stopped in his tracks,"You went to Knox?", he turned around.

"Yeah, I was going to meet up with Spade tonight, but..."

Uyama's eyes widened,"You? You were meeting with Spade?" Enjō rubbed the back of his neck. "Damn, you're lucky, aren't you?"

"Anyway, whenever you decide to meet up, ask them if they can help us."

Enjō was taken aback,"What? That quick? I'm supposed to tell him that I'm in a squad of random people who want to get rid of the government?"

Uyama scratched his beard,"Uh, yeah, I guess so,"

"Why do you want him in this anyway?"

"Well we need everyone we can get, don't we?" Uyama continued walking to the fridge to get a water bottle.

"How do you even know he can fight?"

"You'll see, Enjō."

Enjō grumbled and grabbed a bag of chips,"Night, Omega,"

Omega hadn't moved from his position in what felt like hours, his feet felt cemented to the floor. Kuro side-eye'd him with his head on the bathroom tile. He smirked. Omega's mouth crumpled like aluminum foil and he quietly stormed back to his room. One couldn't tell, but he felt complicated. He thought to himself, Everyone has suffered so much, and me? I haven't gone through much pain, and my powers saved me from an entire explosion, so why do they help me? Why am I the one who needs the help, and why not them?

He laid down in his bed, half of his face smushed into the hard pillow, What am I thinking? How could I help them?

He stopped thinking for a moment, his eyes staring at the floor through his dangling fingers.

But I wish I could.