LLNO 2

Akash and Payal's wedding went on without any glitch and like a protective hawk, Arnav never left the side of Khushi which most of the family teased them for but others were not happy.

Two days later, Akash brought Payal back to Laxmi Nagar for her pag phera and Buaji and Garima welcomed them and showered them with gifts.

Payal was shocked seeing all the gifts but she knew Khushi might have a hand in this.

She was grateful that Khushi stepped up and her anger about Khushi over shadowing her on her wedding day by being the talk of the family subsided.

Akash felt weird seeing Shashi with a poker face and wanted to ask what was wrong but he kept quiet not wanting the Guptas to be uncomfortable.

"Where is Khushi? " Akash asked not seeing her around and Payal stared at her mother and aunt who looked kind of nervous but smiled to cover it up.

They heard the door open and out came Khushi with a suitcase and Khushi smiled at them.

"Khushiji are you going somewhere? "

"Yes I am leaving for Lucknow to check on my parent's old house..... I want to start some renovations to rent it out. "

Akash smiled and nodded but the Gupta women looked shocked and stared at each other confused.

"Wait but babuji said he sold that house years ago then how come you are going there. " Payal asked confused and Khushi chuckled taking her aback.

"Babuji lied to protect it and I know you definitely know why. "

Payal looked like deer caught in headlight and looked away from the accusing glare of Khushi as Garima and Buaji looked pissed seeing Khushi laying out their dirty laundry in front of Akash whom they were trying to impress.

"Titaliya enough. " Buaji scolded glaring at Khushi who was done with them and didn't looked as affected at Buaji thought she would.

"Anyways it was nice meeting you but I have to leave now. " She said to Akash and tuned kneeling in front of Shashi and kissed his forehead and Shashi smiled sheepishly at Khushi. "Take good care of yourself..... I will be back in three days okay. " SShashi blinked at her and she stood up and walked towards Buaji and Garima and handed them a brown envelope.

"This is the rest of my savings after paying for the wedding and everything...... I have informed Happyji to take babuji for his physio therapy and checkups and I have paid for it at the hospital including the medication the doctor says he needs....... Sona aunty will give you fresh foodstuffs until I come back and the utility bills has been paid for in advance..... Payal will be here for the next three days to do my chores...... Now you two have nothing to complain about because I have done my duty. "

Akash was stunned hearing everything that was coming out of Khushi's mouth.

He knew she was the breadwinner of the family but never knew she was responsible for literally everything including their wedding.

He realised the lavish gifts the Guptas gave to him for his family were also from Khushi and he felt sick accepting it but didn't want to reject it knowing Khushi will be blamed.

He turned to his wife to find her staring down ashamed and his in laws throwing daggers at Khushi but it changed when they saw him staring at them.

Shashi on the other hand looked proudly at Khushi with a smile and at that moment, Akash realized Khushi was just an ATM to them and Shashi was her only comfort.