LLNO 16

No, proofread.

Nani and Mami were seething in anger seeing Shyam and most especially Arnav looking calm and wanting to give baby Kiara to him.

"Chote what nonsense is this?...... How can you decide to give our Kiara to Shyam? " Nani yelled almost on the verge of crying and Khushi rushed up to her supporting her.

Nani mellowed seeing Khushi and the tears in her eyes betrayed her as they streamed down her cheek.

"Nani let him finish and if you think he is wrong, we will apologize and send Shyam back to prison. "

Nani and Mami were skeptical, Mami looked at Payal who nodded and she decided to hear Arnav out as Anjali sat alone on the couch glaring at Shyam.

"We are not adopting Kiara because you and Mami are going to be her legal guardian and will be adopted by Mami at the moment for everything to be legal without any block on the way, we need both the signature of Shyam and Anjali to make it possible. "Nani and Mami let out a loud sigh of relief hearing this and Anjali also relaxed a little but was angry. "Mr. Roy is on his way and Shyam has been bailed out for the time being and you see the device around his ankle. " They all glanced at his feet and back to Arnav. "It's an ankle monitor and it will monitor all his movement until his trial in three weeks....... The court will decide his fate but for now, he may be free but not free completely....... He has undercover police watching and monitoring his every mood. "

"I don't care what he does but he has no say in this...... Get him out of here and back to prison where criminals like him belong. " Anjali retorted loudly staring at Nani and Mami excepting them to back her but she received none and she slouch on the couch looking defeated.

"Di you are not in the right mind to decide what we can and can not do for baby Kiara....... Khushi is busy and so is Payal....... AR designs will soon launch a bee collection for the year and we are all occupied...... Dadi and Maa are suitable for the role of raising Kiara and we will help when we are around....... Legally we don't even need your signature due to your mental state but we are including you out of respect that you are Kiara's mother..... We are nobody to decide where Shyam stays or does but at least he is not selfish like you who is only thinking about her pain and not the innocent child caught up in this bullshit caused by you two. " Akash yelled at Anjali who flinched and Mami who was standing beside him rubbed his back to calm him down.

"Anjali your brothers are right........ When it comes to Kiara, you are not our priority at the moment...... We all hate Shyam for what he did but the law is the law and he is out on bail until his trial......  I do believe he is changing because this would have been the perfect opportunity for him to get money from us but here he is ready to sign his rights away to us and never see Kiara again so put your anger and greed away for now and stop hindering our chance of finally correcting the mistake we made with you. " Nani utterly in a serious tone and Anjali who thought they were under her realized she has lost again.

The doorbell rang and entered Mr. Roy who made all of them sign the documents and took his leave leaving the family alone Shyam followed next but halted at the door.

"Arnav? " Shyam called out and everyone stared at him. "I know I don't deserve any sympathy from all of you but can I meet Kiara just this once....... I just want to know what she looks like and hold her for one last time and I promise never to bother anyone of you again."

Shyam was almost on the verge of crying and everyone excluding Anjali started to feel sorry for him but Arnav shook away the sympathy which was replaced by his protectiveness and was about to refuse but Nani beat him to it.