Complications: Part Three

......................NOXIS CAVES................
              Alpha-06 was seated in the original Chief house as he had a darkened expression. Alice and Rin sat in two smaller stones thrones on his right side while Virgil stood a few feet away with the Fox male by his side, all glaring at a Liam who was kneeling with his hand in a fist and on the ground while his head was bowed. Liam felt their piercing gazes which seemed like they could stab him to death and had beads of sweat running down his body.
The family looked at him before the deep and enigmatic voice of Alpha-06 spoke,

"Repeat what you just said...."

Liam gulped then spoke,

".... Reporting to your Highnesses.... Lady Liangyu's White Tiger mate that we were monitoring had been abducted by 30 or so Tiger beastmen and another 30 Wolf beastmen while injuring our 35 Two Striped Bat beastmen......."

He finished his report in a much lower tone. Silence descended.

"....... Are you saying that you let some random beastmen take a member of the Beast Deity's eldest female cub's family Liam?"

Rin said in a calm tone. Liam couldn't speak. Alice sighed.

"Don't be harsh on him Rin. He is courting me~"

Rin shot her a look which prompted her to say more but Alice interrupted.

"Besides... It's not everyday that a group of 35 Two Striped beastmen are unable to complete a mission like this in a place with scarce powerful beasts......"

Rin thought of her sister's words.

"You mean..."

"Yes.... There must have been more than 20 Three Striped beastmen. But even then they would have been able to make the enemy so maybe even a Tetra Marked was present~"

She said casually. Liam's eyes widened. He was shocked at the female he courted's deduction ability.

'She is so close to finding what actually happened... How smart is this female?'

To answer his question.... Very. She yawned though. Alpha-06, Virgil and the Fox male were thinking over what they had heard. They all assumed that Alice's words were right, if not the truth, as they evaluated the situation of a possible threat.

"..... How many were there and their numbers according to strength."

Virgil spoke. He wasn't particularly interested in Lin surviving since it meant Liangyu focusing her attention to him but not only did they face a problem of their practically politically conquered settlement being lost but also a risk of danger to their main base of operation(The Noxis Caves) and also Liangyu going into a rage, which was soon to happen since a month would pass in a few days.
For those reasons alone, it was crucial that they found, at least, someone to put the blame on since they didn't want to know what Liangyu would do once she came back. Alpha-06 was very concerned since the insane woman could go on to directly cause a chain of events that may lead to the partial or complete destruction of all beastmen involved and their species. He didn't doubt this possibility for a second since he had been receiving updates about her from Lei.

"..... There were 40 Two Striped  beasts, 18 Three Striped beasts and 2 Tetra Marked beasts who were a Wolf and Tiger......"

The Fox male tensed up. The sisters noticed but said nothing. Virgil hummed.

".... Head Male.... I believe those Tetra Marked beasts Liam is talking about are the Wolf and Tiger King respectively."

Alpha-06 sighed. He had a headache at why this was all so complicated. The Fox male was uneasy.