Female In Distress

Liangyu sat stark naked on a flat rock by a lake. She noticed how there was plenty of rivers and lakes in the forest and thought it would make a perfect spot for farming normally since she doubted the Farming Facility could support her plans.
She opened her interface and went to the [Mission] Tab

[Home

Mission

∆ Mission-05: Mood Improvement!
Progress: 75%/100%
Time Remaining: 4 days

[Mission-06: Take Over! (Special)
Basically, take over this entire Continent! It doesn't matter how you do but just do it!
Requirement: Must Have At Least 1 Penta Marked As Your Mate.
Progress: 0%/100%
Time remaining: 11 Months.]

            She stronger her hairless chin while eying the second Mission.

'.... Hmm.... To take over this place would require me to either make the Bat race powerful enough to have royalty or to fight the royals of the Beast City.... Maybe I should do both?'

She was thinking about it deeply.

"''I think doing both would solidify your authority and status but it would be the hardest to do.... I love a good battle so any you choose would still bring that...."''

Liangyu's closed eyes snapped open away se looked around her.

"..... Who?"

She heard a chuckle.

""Your strong self...""

Liangyu frowned then her expression smoothened out and she looked like she had just found something.

"... Ghost!"

Her face paled. The voice was silent. It was too dumbfounded to talk. Liangyu sneered.

"Anyways Ghost, what do you mean by I should do both?"

The voice was still silent. It was astonished at how lax she was being and also too angry to speak at how she was called a ghost.

".... Hmm? I thought you were talking right now? Or should I wait for you Ghost?"

Liangyu kept on rambling and made sure to reference the voice as "ghost" until it couldn't take it anymore.

""I am not a GHOST!!""

          Liangyu picked her ear.

"But only ghosts shriek like that~"

Liangyu was totally not minding this. The voice was so angry.

".... Well then, if you're not a ghost then what are you?"

There was silence. Liangyu laid on the rock sunbathing. Since she asked now cold-blooded, she need as much warmth as possible.

'Now that I think about it.... Isn't this not the point in the novel were the wet season starts and close to when Bai Qinqing meets Winston?'

She thought of how much time has passed, totally paying the voice no heed. Then, she felt a presence. It was violent and filled with the aura of death. She knew this aura. It was one released by Wanderers....

She opened her eyes to see herself but with pitch black swirling pupils which sent shivers down anyone's spine.

"".... I am not a ghost..... I am the Corruption in your body....""

Her voice was menacing but Liangyu paid her no heed. She hadn't heard Liangyu when she was woken from her nap before.
She glared at Liangyu who simply sat up and stretched then laid down on her belly while head were on her crossed arms. She looked at the Corruption and yawned.

"....... So bored~....."

The Corruption was completely furious. Liangyu rolled her eyes. She didn't care. She decided that if the Corruption was in her and hadn't killed her by now, it didn't matter.

".... Work with me will you?"

The Corruption was taken back but scowled furiously.

""And why should I?""

Liangyu looked at her as if looking at an idiot.

"I want my male and another one as well as the title of Overlord while you want a good battle?"

The Corruption crossed her arms and huffed. She agreed with Liangyu's statement and Liangyu seemed to get that.

"The so called 'War' in the Mist Forest was probably too boring for you so in exchange, lets cause bloodshed here!"

She had a grin. The Corruption looked at her and smirked.

""You are one crazy woman.... Am in!""

Liangyu looked lazy when she left and nodded in agreement. A notification which was silent popped up but she did see it.

[Ding, Dong!]
[Host has been bonded with The Corruption. Host has unlocked the skills Infect, Shadow Walk, Death Aura, Death Gaze, Death Armour, Control Switch.]

[!!!!!WARNING!!!!!]
[Due to being bonded with The Corruption, Host will lose their sanity every single time they use related skills or techniques. This can lead to insanity and an intense bloodlust which won't calm down until after a period of time.]

.....................MEANWHILE.................

                Lei was trotting back in beast form with a deer in his mouth.

'... Hmmm... I should start collecting herbs.... The food here is too bland~"

He was in total bliss when a he heard rustling. He paused then mulled over whether to find out or not.

'..... Nah....'

He kept on walking at his pace then leapt onto a tree branch. His ears were standing as he surveyed the area. After a minute or two, he saw a female running. She fell but quickly got up and started to run again.

"Catch her!"

"Capture her!"

He heard shouts as males of different races came afterwards and had the look he knew all too well due to Liangyu.

'... Their hunting? A female?'

He was curious but held himself back from running over to find out what was happening. He mulled over it and decided to go check it out.

'Might as well.'

             After fifteen minutes of tracking, he found a group of 10 males with sinister expressions looking at a lone female who was shivering. She was up against a tree but she grits her teeth in anger.
Lei was amused. It reminded him of a certain someone.....

'Hmmm....'

He watched on.

"Kaira, the leader wants you as his male.... Why are you resisting?"

A wolf male with grey hair and an average appearance said. He had 2 stripes on his left cheek as he had a smug look.

"Tch! You ferals are disgusting!!"

Her tone was coated with venom.

"Disgusting?"

A Leopard male asked with a weird smile.

"....We'll need to teach you to behave you arrogant female!"

He lunged at her. Kaira shut her eyes expecting pain....... But it never came....

'Huh?'

She opened her eyes and gasped.