6

lando's pov

-

"You got that mate?" One of the engineers asked me.

Honestly, I zoned out but I still nodded my head in agreement. He seemed content with my nod so he walked off to talk to someone else.

I did some really fast laps earlier and I can't wait to see Giana to tell her all about it. Heading out of the McLaren garage, I walked towards the Ferrari one.

Carlos was exiting when I arrived.

"Hola cabron. Those were some really good laps." He patted me on the shoulder.

I grinned. "Thanks, the car was feeling great."

Someone laughed in the background and I immediately recognized that it was Giana. I moved my head to see behind Carlos, locating Giana. I felt a smile tug on my lips before I realized who she was laughing with. She was with Charles' brother and they were sitting far too close for my liking. He was giving her this stare that made irritation flare up inside me.

I can't understand why something like this was making me feel such annoyance.

My gaze hardened when he leaned in and whispered something in her ear. Her eyes brightened and her smile was wide. I've seen her get that expression many times but it was only around me.

"Lando!"

I snapped my eyes back to Carlos. He must have been telling me something but I didn't hear a single thing.

He turned his head to see where I was staring. He then shook his head with a laugh.

"What?" My eyes kept bouncing between Carlos and Giana. Arthur wasn't leaning in anymore but he was still sitting way too close.

"If looks could kill..."

"Have they been together all day?"

"I really have no idea. He has been showing up more often. He claims that he wants to 'spend more time with his brother' but we all know why he's here." Hearing the sarcasm in Carlos' voice, and from what I just witnessed, it was more than obvious what that reason was.

Arthur clearly liked Giana. Charles for sure had to know something about this.

"Has Charles mentioned anything to you?" By the look on Carlos' face I was able to tell that he knew more about this then he was letting on. "He has told you something! What is it?"

"I don't know anything"

I smirked smugly. "If you don't tell me, I'll tell Isa that it wasn't the dog who broke her favorite flower vase."

"You wouldn't dare, besides there's no proof" He smiled.

I took out my phone and opened up my messages. Scrolling through our conversation, I landed on a voice note he had sent me and clicked play.

His voice was heard on my phone. "Lando, I broke Isa's vase and I can't fix it. She's coming home in 5 minutes. I think I'm going to tell her it was the dog. She won't get upset if she thinks it was the dog, if she knows it was me, she will kill me."

The smile on Carlos' face dropped. "I knew I shouldn't have told you." He mumbled.

"What did Charles say?"

He was going to start speaking but we got interrupted by someone calling my name. I had become engrossed in the conversation and hadn't realized Giana had come up to us. I would have been ecstatic but then I saw Arthur was right behind her.