5

giana's pov

-

Laying on the couch with my back to the arm rest, I waited for Lando to arrive to his room. He immediately comes here before the pen so I knew it wouldn't be long before he got here. After a few minutes of my arrival the door opened to reveal a defeated Lando.

He stared at me seriously. I guiltily smiled. Lando just stepped inside the room closing the door behind him. I stared at him, waiting to hear him speak.

But he said nothing as he took steps towards the couch and moved to lay himself on top of me. I was sitting down halfway, so he rested his head on my lap and wrapped his arms around my lower torso.

I massaged his neck and head gently.

Lando was the one to break the silence. "I told you, you're my good luck charm." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, when I got there I was too late"

"It's fine. You're here now." He tightened his arms around me. "Your dad must be really happy right now"

"He is"

"I'm glad. He deserves it for all his hard work."

"He does." Speaking about my dad reminded me of something else. "Charles and Carlos told me they were celebrating and wanted both of us there."

Just as I anticipated, he declined. "Honestly, I'm not feeling up for it. But you should go, have some fun"

It wouldn't be the same without Lando. "Believe it or not I would rather deal with your annoying self than go to a party"

I couldn't see his face but I knew he was smiling. "You so love me Giana Cruz"

"You know I do." I leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to the side of his head. "Ew you're still sweaty"

Lando just chuckled.

I let him rest for a few more minutes before trying to get him to move. "Lan, it won't be long before they come looking for you. They need you in the media pen."

"Just a few more minutes" He grumbled.

Shaking my head with a small laugh, I obliged knowing that it would be only minutes before someone would be knocking at the door.

****

After the exhausting race day, I was more than excited to get to my room. I had just finished getting out of the shower when I heard a knock.

Opening the door, I was very surprised to find Charles on the other side of the door.

Immediately, our earlier conversation flashed through my head.

*Flashback*

"Hey guys, look who I just met. Arthur! He's my new favorite Leclerc"

I angled the camera to reveal Arthur standing next to me. He smiled and waved.

From the other side of the garage I heard a complaint from Charles. "Not fair!"

"I still love you Charles" I blew him a kiss which he pretended to catch and throw away.