16

giana's pov

-

"Come on Giana, just jump." Arthur kept trying to coax me into the water but I kept refusing.

"No way, what if there's fish in there."

He laughed in amusement. "They won't bite."

I shook my head. "Nope, that's not good enough."

Arthur took me out on a date today. I hadn't seen him since Spain which was only a few days ago but I was already missing him. We had already spent some time on the sand but Arthur had insisted on taking me out on the boat.

"I can't have a girlfriend that's scared of the ocean."

Girlfriend. Yeah it would take me some time to get used to hearing that. Arthur and I had made it official a few days ago. It was simple and sweet.

*Flashback*

"Giana there's a package for you" Lando called out. "I left it on the couch."

Yelling out a thank you, I closed the book I was reading and stood up from the comfortable position on my bed. When I got to living room, I took a seat on the couch.

Opening the package, there was a beautiful bouquet of roses inside. I smiled knowing exactly who they were from. Once I picked up the roses, I noticed there was a folded piece of paper placed among the flowers.

Placing the flowers down, I carefully removed the piece of paper. Unfolding it, I read the handwritten note.

'Giana, want to be my girlfriend? If it's a no, we could just pretend you never read this., but if it's a yes you should open the door'

This was the exact same way in which he asked me out on our first date so I thought it was the perfect way to ask me to be his girlfriend.

With a huge smile on my face, I ran to open the door. On the other side was Arthur. He looked really nervous and impatient. However, when he realized that I had opened the door, a massive grin overtook his features.

*End Flashback*

"Well I can't have a boyfriend that's trying to force me to get into the water with fish." I teased.

He laughed as he started to get onto the boat again. "Well if you don't go into the water, I'll bring the water to you."

I squealed as I tried to get away from him, but there's really no place you can go on a small yacht in the middle of the ocean. Arthur wrapped his arms around me as my clothes got soaked in the process.

"Now you got my clothes wet." I complained.

Arthur grinned as it took me a second to process the words I had spoken. Once it hit me, my eyes widened as he burst out in laughter.

"I'm never saying anything around you anymore."

He said nothing else but suppressed his laughter as he leaned in to press his lips against mine.

-

I closed the door behind me once Arthur dropped me off back at home. A warm feeling spread through me when I realized my dad was sitting on the couch.

I loved whenever it was the Monaco Grand Prix. It meant that both Lando and my dad would be at home for the entire weekend. My dad would always stay over at our place.

Walking over to my dad, I gave him a quick hug. "Hola mi niña" He mumbled out as he was completely engrossed in the book he was reading. I definitely got the bookworm gene from him.

As I was walking by Lando's room he called out my name. "Yeah?" I said as I stopped at his doorway.

"I just wanted to let you know that the plans for after the race have already been made. So before you try and escape away with Arthur, you can't."

Another reason why my dad stayed with us this weekend. My birthday. This year it happened to land on the exact same day as the Grand Prix.

"Can I get an insight into these plans?"

"Oh you're not getting anything else other than that."

"I'll just bribe Daniel." I teased.

He gave me a disappointed shake of his head. "Nope. I learned from last year and got help from Carlos and Charles instead."

I grinned remembering last year's events. Lando had planned a surprise birthday party for me. I knew something was going on but I wasn't exactly sure. It only took a little convincing from Daniel and he told me everything.

"Fine, no bribing anybody."

"Good." He nodded.

-

takenbygiana

liked by 638,902takenbygiana beach day + pics of bae💞💓💖💘💝💕💗

liked by 638,902
takenbygiana beach day + pics of bae💞💓💖💘💝💕💗

comments on this have been disabled.

-