24

giana's pov

-

It was the morning preceding the Silverstone Grand Prix. After all of that excitement, it was nice to take some days to relax in Austria. I was ecstatic to arrive there earlier because Spielberg is a gorgeous place to be in. It was unfortunate that I only had a few days to stay there before I had to go back home to film the Vogue video. I wouldn't even have a chance to watch any of the race action.

Today, Carlos had used his recent win as an excuse to get a private jet for us. By us I meant him, Isa, Arthur, Charles, Lando, Daniel, and me. He said it was a way to celebrate. As if last night wasn't already enough.

Arthur and I were arriving at the back of the airport. I was feeling like crap from being hungover, meanwhile Arthur looked like he was ready to take on the world. As we walked towards where they were standing close to the plane, Charles, Lando, and Daniel started laughing when they took in my appearance.

A pair of Arthur's sunglasses were on the bridge of my nose, the hood of my sweater engulfing my face. I was wearing an oversized Quadrant hoodie with some sweats and my crocs. I felt and looked like I had just gotten run over by a truck.

Flipping them off, I shook my head which I instantly regretted because the nausea resurfaced.

"If you three don't stop laughing, I will throw up on your shoes." I said as soon as we had gotten to where they were.

"How bad was it this morning?" Charles asked Arthur with an amused grin.

"She threw up twice and I practically forced her to get in the shower. She hated everything so much this morning, I think she was five seconds away from breaking up with me." He laughed.

"I would never." I said reaching for his hand and he pressed a kiss to my temple.

"Might be me the one that's throwing up." Daniel said.

"Me too." Charles made a digesting face.

"Oh you guys are dramatic." I argued.

Lando was the only one that had remained quiet, staring at Arthur and I with a small glare.

Right then a truck arrived. From it, a grumbling Carlos stepped out followed by Isa who was trying to not laugh. Carlos was the only one apart from myself who also went crazy last night.

"Well look what we have here" Charles said which caused the rest of them to start laughing.

Carlos only flipped them off, walking to where I was and giving me a side hug. It was nice to know we were on the same level of instability.

"You are the only one that gets me right now." He said a bit dramatically to which I nodded.

A flight attendant then descended down the jet stairs. "Good morning everyone. The plane is all set up and ready for you to come onboard. You can leave your suitcases here, another attendant will handle them. The pilots will be arriving shortly."

We all thanked her as we took steps toward the staircase. Charles and Daniel made it up first followed by Isa dragging Carlos along. Lando lingered behind at the base of the stairs.

He waited for Arthur and I to approach the staircase. "Need any help Gi?"

"I got her. Come on darling." Arthur remarked as he placed his hand behind on my lower waist, which then prompted Lando to tense up a bit.

"Be careful. Don't want your dad yelling at me for letting you trip on some stairs." Lando retorted in response as he went up the steps.

Why did Lando make it his life mission this morning to antagonize Arthur and get under his skin? Arthur obviously wasn't as close to my dad as Lando was, and he wanted Arthur to know that.

I chose to not put too much thought into it as I hastily made my way up.

Although the plane looked small from the outside, it was actually very spacious inside. I marveled at the inside as I made my way towards the seating area. Before I got the chance to take a seat, Lando stopped me. "Wait Gi, I have something for you." He then took off his backpack, unzipping it.

From it, he got a package out. "Figured you would need this." He handed it to me, pressed a small kiss to my forehead, and just walked towards his seat without saying anything further.

My heart warmed knowing he took the time to get this for me. I took a seat and opened the small bag to see what it contained. Inside, there were a couple of drinks, snacks, and painkillers. However, I wasn't able to contain my smile when I realized that he had also brought me a warm bacon gouda sandwich, and it was warm.

I don't know what I did to deserve this man in my life.

On the seat beside me, Arthur looked angry. "Does he not understand that we're in a relationship?" He mumbled quietly.

"What are you talking about?" I murmured.

"I get that he's your best friend but he takes it too far sometimes."

I sat in silence, not knowing what to respond. I've never interpreted Lando's actions for anything else other than friendship. Everything that Lando did now, are things that he's done for me for all the time we have been friends. Not placing any more thoughts to the subject, I reached for a book I carried in my bag.

"Arthur, Giana! Get over here I brought my UNO cards!" Daniel called us over some minutes after the plane was in the air.

Placing my book on the stand in front of me, I stood up but then halted when I realized Arthur remained seated.

"You're not coming?"

"No, I'm a bit tired. You go ahead." Since I was standing between his legs, he placed his hands on the back of my thighs, comforting my skin softly.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded but I could still see how upset he seemed from earlier.

I looked up towards Daniel. "Danny, we'll join you in a bit."

"All good Gi. But we better get some rounds in later, I need to break my losing streak."

"Highly doubt it." I replied laughing before I took a seat again.

"You know that you could've went ahead right?" Arthur told me quietly, turning to face me and intertwining our hands.

"Mhm." I hummed out, leaning in to kiss him. He happily obliged, not hesitating to deepen the kiss in a matter of seconds.

-

"Ha! In your face! Draw more cards" Daniel cheered as Charles placed a +2 card on the pile. The cards had stacked enough to where I would have to draw 8 cards, however, I placed my own +2 card nonchalantly.

We were gathered on one of the tables as we finally played a round of UNO.

The grin from Daniel's face was wiped immediately when he realized he had to draw 10 cards. "What were you saying?" I smirked smugly.

"I swear she's cheating." Daniel groaned out, Charles nodding in agreement.

"You were supposed to be watching her Arthur!" Carlos said annoyed.

Arthur defended himself. "I can't watch her and take care of my cards!"

"You guys just have to admit Giana is too good at this." Isa spoke calmly from her seat, her gaze never leaving the page of the novel she was reading.

"Thank you queen." I told her, blowing her a kiss.

"Okay maybe we should team up" Daniel suggested.

I started to shake my head.

"Yeah, teams." Charles agreed with Carlos nodding his head as well.

Suddenly, the flight attendant approached us. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but the plane will be landing shortly."

Daniel thanked her and as she left, he immediately started gathering the cards. "Oh well, we can't finish the game. Nobody won, let's call it even."

I shook my head with a laugh, knowing that he was finding an excuse to not keep playing.

-