22

giana's pov

-

"You sure you didn't forget anything?" Lando asked as he turned the key in the ignition. "I'm sure." My words reassured him for the 10th time because he didn't trust me after yesterday's incident with my camera.

He gave me a firm nod as he reversed the car on the street, heading towards the highway. We had to arrive before practice started. Since the distance between London and the Silverstone circuit was only an hour and a half, we decided to be spontaneous and have a mini road trip.

Normally, I would've been vlogging the second we got into the car but I wanted to spend a little quality time with him. Just some time with him without any cameras. Of course, I was still planning on taking some pictures, but that was all.

Some minutes later we were having a concert as music was blasting from the car speakers. Of course, our concert was initiated by singing our hearts out to Smooth Operator followed by Friday. The I made him listen to Harry Styles and a shit ton of music in spanish.

It was fun if I ignored how bad Lando was driving.

He may be one of the best driving on track. When it came to the road however, his skills were for sure questionable.

Due to all his experience driving on track, I expected him to pass his driver's test the first time. One look at his driving and you could tell exactly why it took him several times to pass it.

We're 25 minutes in, and already we've had 3 people honk at us and one of them flipped us off. My sugar blood levels would be okay if he was driving slow but this man was driving like he was Han in Tokyo Drift.

So when I said I needed some snacks, it's wasn't because I was hungry, I needed a break. I had definitely forgotten what it felt like to be in the car with Lando for more than 10 minutes.

"Can we stop for some snacks?" I said as I clutched on to the door handle for emotional support.

He nodded right away. "Time for a pit stop."

"You think you're hilarious huh?" I asked sarcastically.

"I do." Lando replied matter-of-factly, turning his head slightly to give me a lopsided smirk.

I rolled my eyes and suppressed a grin as he pulled up into the gas station shop.

We got off the car and he held the door open for me as we walked inside. Immediately gravitating towards the chip isle, I felt Lando walk behind me closely.

I stood there for a second just taking in all my options even though I already knew what I wanted. Several minutes and one picture later, Lando spoke up.

"Giana I still don't know why you take so long looking at everything if you already know exactly what you're going to get. Hell, even I know what you're choosing."

"Oh, really?" I questioned him. "Go on then. What am I getting?"

I stood there while he walked around the shop grabbing some items from the various shelves. Only a minute went by and he had already returned.

In his hands he held a Red Bull, powdered donuts, and a bag of chips.

"I hate you." I grudgingly said reaching for the items in his hands. He gave me the biggest smirk knowing he was right.

He didn't let me grab my stuff and walked to the register, placing the items on the counter.

"Wait, I forgot to grab a water" Lando said before quickly walking off. I nodded and then turned to face the old woman at the counter who was already beginning to scan the items.