30

giana's pov

-

"Ow, that hurt!" I complained as I rubbed the tender spot on my shoulder.

"You should've moved out of the way" Charles yelled from across the court.

I argued back. "Oh! Sorry I didn't see a ball flying full speed at me-Wait was that on purpose!?" The realization hit me mid sentence.

"It was a warning" He glared at me.

"For what?!"

Charles gestured to Lando with his padel racket. "You keep distracting Lando by talking to him"

"I was invited to watch."

"Exactly. Watch. Not give comments every two seconds."

With no more comebacks, I said whatever petty thing came to mind. "I am so hoping you lose."

"Hey, what about me?" Max called out standing next to him.

"Sorry Max. That's the consequences of being padel teammates with him."

"Can I just get the ball back please?" Max asked exasperated.

"No, Charles could get it himself"

"I got it" Lando spoke up as he walked over to the bench where I was seated. "You good?" He asked, leaning down to pick up the ball but making eye contact.

"Lando you said you were getting the ball, not talking to Giana" Charles called out again. "She's been distracting him the entire time" He kept complaining.

"Just a second" Lando was still standing by me, waiting for my response.

"I'm okay" I grinned. "Arguing with Charles is fun"

He shook his head with a laugh as he walked over to where his own teammate was standing. It happened to be Alex.

Watching four professional racing drivers play padel was very entertaining when you weren't getting hit by the ball. It was even more fun to annoy the opposing team in order to distract them. Charles took the bait every time I made a remark as he would be more focused on arguing back than hitting the ball.

Max knew what I was doing and I'm pretty sure the next ball flying at me would be from him. He must definitely be fed up with my commentary.

After several more comments from Charles about me being banned from being Lando's plus one at padel games, we parted ways. He would never stop blaming me for his loss.

It was already late in the day and Lando had a sponsor event to attend with Daniel. He had taken me to grab some lunch before because he felt bad about leaving me alone while he went out.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Lando kept insisting once we were home. He kept coming up with reasons why I should go but I had plenty of my own work to finish.

With a grin, I kept fixing some notes on my music sheet. "I'm arranging some melodies for some new songs that have come to mind. Go on, have some fun"

"It's going to be boring without you" He complained.

"You'll be fine. Daniel will be with you." I finally looked up, noticing he was struggling to accommodate his tie.

Standing up from the piano, I walked over to him. His arms fell loosely at his sides as I reached up to adjust both his tie and shirt collar. It only took me a few seconds to fix them. "There, all ready"

"Is there nothing I could say to convince you to go with me?" His eyes looked pleadingly into mine.

Shaking my head, I gave him a small smile.