14

giana's pov

-

I regretted the second I opened my eyes.

My head was pounding miserably and my body ached liked I got run over. Not even after the most exhausting show did I feel like this. Sitting up in bed, I contemplated my existence for a few moments.

The last thing I remember was sitting at the bar, drinking away my sadness and anger.

I have no idea how I got home or at what time. Taking a look at my nightstand, I realized there was water and painkillers. My curtains were also closed and I thanked the universe for that.

After painfully getting in the shower, I felt so much better. I walked over to the kitchen for some food and when I was scouring through the fridge, I heard Lando walk in through the front door.

Things have never been so awkward between us. He stared at me like it was the first time he saw me in years.

"Good morning."

"Morning." I mumbled out. He seemed grateful that I responded. It was the first I spoke to him in weeks.

"I brought you a bacon gouda sandwich, some fresh orange juice, and some maple donuts." He placed several bags on the counter. The little shit knew exactly what my weak spots were.

My heart warmed and a smile made its way onto my lips. "Thank you. For the food, the pills, and closing the curtains."

He smiled. "I figured you would want total darkness."

"It was nice to not get burnt by the sun in the morning."

He nodded at my response and started heading to his room.

"Lando?"

He turned around eagerly like he was expecting something.

"Did you bring me home?"

He nodded and explained the process of locating me before picking me up and I thanked him again. Lando said that there was no need and reminded me of all the times that I took care of him.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" He suddenly questioned but there was something underlying in his tone that made me think something happened.

"No, I don't even remember getting home. Why? Did I do something or say anything?"

He shook his head. "You were just making fun of Arthur's accent."

"I should probably call him." Lando nodded and started to leave the kitchen to give me space.

"Giana?"

I looked up at him.

"Are we good?"

I was still somewhat upset but not to the extent that I was. As much as I wanted to stay mad at him I couldn't. That didn't mean I wanted to just move on and pretend like nothing happened. "Not completely, but we'll work on it."

"So I can't expect to see you at the McLaren garage on Sunday?"

I shook my head. "I'm going to be with my dad."

"And Arthur" He said under his breath but I still managed to hear. I decided to ignore it and not say anything in return.

"I'll be streaming, but if you need anything just ask." Lando finally said.

"Thank you." I said with a smile which he returned before walking off.

Things were not exactly the best with Lando, but I know they could get better. They had to.