31

giana's pov

-

Damn, people are too fast.

All I did was upload an instagram post and a YouTube video. Already, my inbox and comments were full of people asking questions about Arthur. 

The truth was that some of them were kind of right.

Arthur and I weren't exactly on the best terms. It's not that I'm not speaking to him, he's not talking to me.

Ever since Austria, he's been really distant. We went from having daily phone calls, to them happening once in a while. All of his "I miss you" texts seemed strange.

Arthur didn't feel like my Arthur.

It was frustrating and I didn't know what to do. Calling him and attempting to talk with him was futile. I understood he had his obligations but at this point, it was like I was bothering him with my phone calls.

When the guys all had their padel match, I was hoping to speak with him. Austria was also the last I had seen him. When Charles showed up to the courts by himself, it was a confirmation he was avoiding me.

Charles made some excuse for my sake. He said Arthur wasn't feeling well but we both knew that was a lie.

My YouTube video was supposed to include Arthur as well. I was so excited to record it. The night before he told me he had to do some work things. I understood that sometimes work got in the way, but the manner in which he told me made me feel that he wasn't being truthful. Something told me that the whole situation was off.

Off camera, I had talked to his mom for a bit and she said that he seemed very stressed lately. But being the wonderful human she is,  Pascale said everything would work out and that I shouldn't worry. That he cared for me very much. Yet I could see it in her eyes that even she had no idea what was going on with Arthur. 

It was evident he wanted space, so that's what I gave him. No matter how bad I missed him, I resisted the urge to text him or call.

After a couple of days though, I couldn't resist the urge anymore. 

My willpower was not strong at all.

Having received no phone calls or texts in those two days made me feel worse. It made me realize just how much our relationship was crumbling to pieces. If I didn't do anything about it, I would lose Arthur and I didn't want that.

Today for instance, I received a call early in the morning from Isa. She was in Monaco with Carlos, and was working on a new article about an ethical luxury fashion company based here in Monte Carlo. Her original model who was supposed to be displaying the brand got sick and she asked if I could fill in for her. Immediately I agreed.

So I made a promise to myself before I left that if Arthur hadn't texted me or called as soon as I was done helping out Isa, I would reach out to him.

That is how I found myself giving him a call as soon as I parked in the garage when I made it home. My leg bounced anxiously as the phone dialed for what seemed like forever.

A big part of me believed he wouldn't answer so it caught me off guard when I heard his voice on the other end.

"Arthur?" I questioned, still unsure he actually picked up the phone on purpose.

"Hey Giana"

"I've missed you" I said quietly. Now that he had responded, I didn't know how to go about a conversation. My mind had not planned this far.