13

giana's pov

-

It had been a little over a week since the argument with Lando in Miami. I flew back home the day after and Lando arrived only a couple days later. He had tried talking with me several times but I ignored him. I opted by staying in my room majority of the time, busying myself with everything and anything to avoid speaking to him. Even my closet is all clean and organized.

I had created a schedule. Well it was more like I only exited my room when I heard Lando's door close or when he left the apartment. I was already getting annoyed of this hiding out thing but in a few days I would fly to Spain and meet up with Arthur for the races. I only had to last a little bit longer.

Currently, I was contemplating my life's existence by staring at the ceiling. That was interrupted by Lando's voice calling through the door.

"Giana?"

I said nothing in hopes that he would go away on his own but it didn't work.

"Giana, please can we talk?"

Remaining in silence, I kept staring at the ceiling. That didn't stop Lando though.

"I know you're listening so I'm just going to say it again. I'm sorry Giana, I really am. I was trying to find the right moment to tell you but I just never found it. It's not an excuse. There is really nothing that could excuse how I behaved towards you. I also wanted you to know that I didn't plan on hiding it for much longer, I was planning to tell you. You might not believe me but she just showed up out of the blue and the press took pictures. I never wanted for you to find out that way, I wanted to tell you myself. But I can't change the past and you have every right to be angry at me because I was an asshole. That's all, I just wanted to apologize again."

After hearing what he said, I hated how much I wanted to forgive him.

I stood up and grabbed my bag. I couldn't think properly being in this apartment with him. I needed to go and clear my head for a bit.

Opening the door, Lando was leaning against the door and he fell backwards with a thud. Resisting the strong urge to laugh, I kept walking ignoring his calls behind me. Once I was on the streets, I passed by some shops and wasted some time there.

Eventually, I found myself outside of a bar. It felt inviting and some shots sounded perfect right now.

-

lando's pov

-

Giana had left a couple of hours ago. It was almost midnight and she hadn't shown up back at the flat. I wasn't too concerned because she could've been visiting some friends as she often likes to do. I know she's been avoiding me so it's obvious she would stay out later.

However when the clock read 1:00 I was feeling uneasy. She stays at Arthur's place sometimes but she usually lets me know. Due to the current situation, she wasn't even speaking to me but I knew that I would only be calm if I knew where she was. All of my calls and texts were unanswered by her however.

Throwing on a jumper, I grabbed my keys. On the way downstairs to the car, I called Charles. His groggy voice was heard over the phone "Hello?"

"Hey Charles, sorry for waking you up. I just wanted to know if Giana was staying at your place?"

"Lando I'm not in Monaco." A pit started to form in my stomach.

"Do you know if Arthur is there?"

Charles sounded more alert and awake. "No mate he's in Spain. Is Giana not with you?"